Posted to alt.home.repair

Default just saw "autoblog" on "rain-x vs aquapel". Here it is:

On 20 Feb 2009 19:59:08 -0500, David Combs wrote:

1900 line turd snipped

WTF has this to do with home repair?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
AZ Nomad wrote:
On 20 Feb 2009 19:59:08 -0500, David Combs wrote:

1900 line turd snipped

WTF has this to do with home repair?

Didn't you guys just have a huge THREAD on just this
subject?

I posted a question, a few weeks ago, about windshield wiper
blades, and that became a thread that quickly got into
"Rain-x", pro and con.

So I saw this thing, with LOTS of opinions on it versus
this other similar-type thing, "cleaned it up" a BUNCH
(had to create an emacs "keyboard-macro" to make doing that
less tedious), and, well, posted it here.

It took me about 10 or 20 minutes to shrink it down to the
enormous size it still was -- ****, guys, I thought there
were people here who were INTERESTED in rain-x issues,
what with all the discussion about it in that prior thread.

----

About how much long it was -- geez, long, yeah, but the ONLY
thing you are FORCED to see is the ONE "subject" line. And no one
said you had to "click" on it.

And even if you did, you'd soon see that first screenfull
of it got you maybe only 5 or 10% into the post (at least
the news-reader that I use (trn4) does -- heck, so you just kill
it.

And unlike the old modem-days, what with these cable
connections, dss, etc, sucking in in is basically instant, anyway.

(And even a "slow" modem-connection, thsse days, goes at 9600-baud,
ie 960 chars per second. STILL very little time taken.)

----

And no, I'm not trying to sell anything. Just trying to reciprocate
a bit for all the stuff I've learned from what YOU guys post.

Cheers! (I hope)

David