Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

Default About time!!

Halleluiah! ACQ PT lumber is on it's way out of circulation. The
new PT lumber is called MCQ and eliminates all the corrosion problems
of ACQ. Any exterior rated hardware can be used with it. It's color
is barely darker than natural wood with just a slight hint of green.
Ground contact rated (0.40) has a lifetime warranty.

http://www.canfor.com/products/wood/...lumber/mcq.asp

Southern "Yella" wood has already changed over and is on the market.
Georgia Pacific is in the process of swapping out their ACQ for MCQ.
Look for the big box stores to continue selling ACQ to unknowledgeble
homeowners until all supplies are sold.

KC
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:20:00 -0800 (PST), KC
wrote:

Southern "Yella" wood has already changed over and is on the market.

What's up with pine turpentine?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2009 4:44 PM Oren spake thus:

wrote:

Southern "Yella" wood has already changed over and is on the market.

What's up with pine turpentine?

Dunno, what *is* up with it? (By the way, "pine turpentine" is
needlessly redundant.)

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Southern "Yella" wood has already changed over and is on the market.

What's up with pine turpentine?

Dunno, what *is* up with it? (By the way, "pine turpentine" is
needlessly redundant.)

So is "needlessly redundant."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 17, 4:20*pm, KC wrote:
Halleluiah! * ACQ PT lumber is on it's way out of circulation. *The
new PT lumber is called MCQ and eliminates all the corrosion problems
of ACQ. *Any exterior rated hardware can be used with it. *It's color
is barely darker than natural wood with just a slight hint of green.
Ground contact rated (0.40) has a lifetime warranty.

http://www.canfor.com/products/wood/...lumber/mcq.asp

Southern "Yella" wood has already changed over and is on the market.
Georgia Pacific is in the process of swapping out their ACQ for MCQ.
Look for the big box stores to continue selling ACQ to unknowledgeble
homeowners until all supplies are sold.

KC

What was the old stuff ACC? It lasted, and this new MCQ nobody knows
about yet. So it has a warranty The original stuff worked, the
replacement rotted and had a Lifetime bs warranty. And if its from
China you know it will rot fast.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/18/2009 4:19 AM HeyBub spake thus:

wrote:

Southern "Yella" wood has already changed over and is on the market.

What's up with pine turpentine?

Dunno, what *is* up with it? (By the way, "pine turpentine" is
needlessly redundant.)

So is "needlessly redundant."

I'm glad you caught that one, but was hoping you'd sense it was intentional.

This message brought to you by your Department of Redundancy Department.

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that
doesn't work, I stay in business. Incidentally, my company motto is
"If this stuff worked, you wouldn't need me".

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair
Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Dunno, what *is* up with it? (By the way, "pine turpentine" is
needlessly redundant.)

So is "needlessly redundant."

I'm glad you caught that one, but was hoping you'd sense it was
intentional.
This message brought to you by your Department of Redundancy
Department.

Not to worry, this newsgroup is a safe haven at this point in time.

Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

wrote:

Southern "Yella" wood has already changed over and is on the market.

What's up with pine turpentine?

It's made from lighter stumps - the heartwood of large pine tree
stumps logged many years ago. Today they're logging pines 6" - 12"
diameter and they're not big enough to form lighter stumps. Or those
that do are so few & far between it's not worth the effort to find &
harvest them.

KC
Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

On Feb 18, 9:26*am, ransley wrote:

What was the old stuff ACC? It lasted, and this new MCQ nobody knows
about yet. So it has a warranty The original stuff worked, the
replacement rotted and had a Lifetime bs warranty. And if its from
China you know it will rot fast.

It's stamped SYP (Southern Yellow Pine). But then that could be
southern China and still be a legit label I guess.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Southern "Yella" wood has already changed over and is on the market.

What's up with pine turpentine?

It's made from lighter stumps - the heartwood of large pine tree
stumps logged many years ago. Today they're logging pines 6" - 12"
diameter and they're not big enough to form lighter stumps. Or those
that do are so few & far between it's not worth the effort to find &
harvest them.

KC

Yes, I grabbed some stump roots off the train cars. It was years ago,
but a lighter knot burned all night. Warm camp ground.

Today land is leased and they want trees; like birthing babies, The
wood is not as good.

A man in Florida recovers *yeller pine* from rivers and said to make a
bundle of money. Had to relate in river logging.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/18/2009 1:44 PM KC spake thus:

wrote:

Southern "Yella" wood has already changed over and is on the market.

What's up with pine turpentine?

It's made from lighter stumps - the heartwood of large pine tree
stumps logged many years ago. Today they're logging pines 6" - 12"
diameter and they're not big enough to form lighter stumps. Or those
that do are so few & far between it's not worth the effort to find &
harvest them.

Since you mention "lighter", a term I haven't heard in many years, a
question: a long time ago, a southern gentleman of my acquaintance told
me that in Alabama where he was from, they call that stuff "lighter'd"
(he said "lighter-dee" by way of explanation. Has anyone heard this
locution?

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that
doesn't work, I stay in business. Incidentally, my company motto is
"If this stuff worked, you wouldn't need me".

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/18/2009 12:20 PM HeyBub spake thus:

Not to worry, this newsgroup is a safe haven at this point in time.

Ah, cop-speak: I love it.

"At this point in time we have not, as of yet, apprehended the male
person, the gentleman who is wanted, who is, uh, wanted as a person of
interest, as well as the female person who was last seen in the vicinity
of the aforementioned male person."

Who teaches those guys/gals to talk that way?

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that
doesn't work, I stay in business. Incidentally, my company motto is
"If this stuff worked, you wouldn't need me".

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Southern "Yella" wood has already changed over and is on the market.

What's up with pine turpentine?

It's made from lighter stumps - the heartwood of large pine tree
stumps logged many years ago. Today they're logging pines 6" - 12"
diameter and they're not big enough to form lighter stumps. Or those
that do are so few & far between it's not worth the effort to find &
harvest them.

Since you mention "lighter", a term I haven't heard in many years, a
question: a long time ago, a southern gentleman of my acquaintance told
me that in Alabama where he was from, they call that stuff "lighter'd"
(he said "lighter-dee" by way of explanation. Has anyone heard this
locution?

No.

lighter knot has plenty of turpentine, so we called it "kintlin"
(kindling) One match would start a fire flame.
Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 2/18/2009 12:20 PM HeyBub spake thus:

Not to worry, this newsgroup is a safe haven at this point in time.

Ah, cop-speak: I love it.

"At this point in time we have not, as of yet, apprehended the male
person, the gentleman who is wanted, who is, uh, wanted as a person of
interest, as well as the female person who was last seen in the
vicinity of the aforementioned male person."

Who teaches those guys/gals to talk that way?

Speaking as an ex-cop and a law school drop-out, you talk that way because,
by tens of thousands of experiences, it is the manner that will get you in
the least trouble.

I recall a Los Angeles police captain who was ambushed by a reporter after
some sort of civil disturbance. The reporter asked: "Why are you using 'pain
compliance' on these peaceful protestors? Why not just pick them up and
carry them to the paddy wagon?" The chief looked at the reporter and said:
"Eat a bug."

You can imagine the story in the next day's paper.

On the other hand, why do reporters often say "So-and-so was arrested on
suspicion of this-and-that." Surely the reporter did NOT get that from a
cop. No one can be arrested for "suspicion" of anything. It is not against
any law anywhere to be "suspicous."

Being "suspicious" may get you on the No-Fly list, but it won't get you
arrested.

Speaking of No-Fly...

In February of 2002 (five months after 9-11 when the National Guard was
patrolling the airports), an elderly gentleman was stopped at the Sky Harbor
airport in Phoenix for trying to board an airplane with a "Ninja Star"
looking device. Further investigation showed this gentleman was
single-handedly responsible for destroying 34 aircraft with the loss of life
of everybody aboard those planes!

The "gentleman" was Joe Foss. Foss was the former governor of South Dakota,
former president of the American Football League, retired Brigadier General
in the South Dakota National Guard, and, for 24 years, the host of the TV
program, "American Sportsman." He had just left a Board of Director's
meeting of the National Rifle Association and was enroute to the U.S.
Military Academy at West Point to deliver a guest lecture on patriotism.

The "Ninja Star" device he was carrying? It was the Medal of Honor given him
by Franklin Roosevelt for downing 23 Japanese planes during the Battle of
Guadacanal.

When told he could board his flight, but he'd have to leave his potential
weapon behind, Foss is reported to have said: "You've done ****ed with the
wrong Marine, sonny."

The only thing that could have made this episode more delirious would have
been for it to have happened in Joe's hometown of Sioux Falls. The name of
the airport there is "Joe Foss Field."

A similar thing happened to me at that same airport last February. While
standing in line to board a Southwest flight, a diminutive TSA agentette
taps me on the shoulder and says: "Excuse me sir, can I get you to do me a
favor?"

I look down at her and say: "I can't. I'm married."

I am (barely) living proof that the TSA does NOT have a sense of humor.

Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

On Feb 18, 7:04*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Since you mention "lighter", a term I haven't heard in many years, a
question: a long time ago, a southern gentleman of my acquaintance told
me that in Alabama where he was from, they call that stuff "lighter'd"
(he said "lighter-dee" by way of explanation. Has anyone heard this
locution?

Nope. I've lived in north & central Alabama and never heard it called
that. Perhaps it's a southern Alabama phrase - a lot of coon-ass cajun
dialects down there. (oops, another redundant phrase)

KC

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default About time!! Time that people spoke American.

I read a ditty a couple decade ago. About teaching kids to
speak in Firematic language.

Dick's old line: Look, Jane, look! The house is on fire!
Run! Call the fire department!

Dick's new line: Observe, Jane, observe! The two story frame
structure has emissions resembling products of combustion!
Bipedally locomote! Telephonically communicate your request
to the Department of Uncontrolled Molecular involvement and
pyrolisis supression association supported by the
government!

Dunno who teaches that kind of language. I'd like that
teacher to be redesignated via Obama budget cut. So cops
could go back to talking like regular American people.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 2/18/2009 12:20 PM HeyBub spake thus:

Not to worry, this newsgroup is a safe haven at this point
in time.

Ah, cop-speak: I love it.

"At this point in time we have not, as of yet, apprehended
the male
person, the gentleman who is wanted, who is, uh, wanted as a
person of
interest, as well as the female person who was last seen in
the vicinity
of the aforementioned male person."

Who teaches those guys/gals to talk that way?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 7:10*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Dunno who teaches that kind of language. I'd like that
teacher to be redesignated via Obama budget cut. So cops
could go back to talking like regular American people.

Ain't the teachers. It's the lawyers.

If a cop phrases something the wrong way in a public statement, the
perp can often walk on a technicality. "Innocent until proven guilty."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I read a ditty a couple decade ago. About teaching kids to
speak in Firematic language.

Dick's old line: Look, Jane, look! The house is on fire!
Run! Call the fire department!

Dick's new line: Observe, Jane, observe! The two story frame
structure has emissions resembling products of combustion!
Bipedally locomote! Telephonically communicate your request
to the Department of Uncontrolled Molecular involvement and
pyrolisis supression association supported by the
government!

Dunno who teaches that kind of language. I'd like that
teacher to be redesignated via Obama budget cut. So cops
could go back to talking like regular American people.

Careful language in police reports and court testimony seem like
positive developments. Heck, the police can't even beat your kid any
more for misbehaving.

Dick and Jane were boring in first grade - last time I read about them,
Mom, Dad, Spot, Puff and Sally. Did I leave anyone out?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/2009 9:55 AM spake thus:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I read a ditty a couple decade ago. About teaching kids to
speak in Firematic language.

Dick's old line: Look, Jane, look! The house is on fire!
Run! Call the fire department!

Dick's new line: Observe, Jane, observe! The two story frame
structure has emissions resembling products of combustion!
Bipedally locomote! Telephonically communicate your request
to the Department of Uncontrolled Molecular involvement and
pyrolisis supression association supported by the
government!

Dunno who teaches that kind of language. I'd like that
teacher to be redesignated via Obama budget cut. So cops
could go back to talking like regular American people.

Careful language in police reports and court testimony seem like
positive developments. Heck, the police can't even beat your kid any
more for misbehaving.

No, they just shoot them in the back, while supposedly "reaching for my
taser[1]".

[1] Itself a lethal weapon, as evidenced yet again by recent police
killings in San Jose, Santa Rosa and elsewhere.