Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PEX Tips

Are there are tips the collective group can offer to using PEX 3/4 "
tubing? I'm using Watts Quik Connect fittings and will be tying into
1/2" copper fixture risers.
Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Rudy" wrote in message
Using Hot & cold separate manifolds ? Why use 3/4" PEX to go to 1/2"
copper rather than use 1/2" all the way ?

Are there are tips the collective group can offer to using PEX 3/4 "
tubing? I'm using Watts Quik Connect fittings and will be tying into
1/2" copper fixture risers.
Thanks.

Sure, but that is a reasonable question. Typically 1/2" PEX works fine
for domestic water but since no details were offered about why 3/4" was
chosen it makes sense to question it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 10, 8:48*pm, "John F. F." wrote:
Are there are tips the collective group can offer to using PEX *3/4 "
tubing? * * I'm using *Watts Quik Connect fittings and will be tying into
1/2" copper fixture risers.
Thanks.

http://www.toolbase.org/Design-Const...x-design-guide

The guide recommends 1/2" lines for most residential applications, and
3/8" lines for lower volume fixture runs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 10, 10:42*pm, "Rudy" wrote:
Using Hot & cold separate manifolds ? Why use 3/4" PEX to go to 1/2" copper
rather than use 1/2" all the way ?

Are there are tips the collective group can offer to using PEX *3/4 "
tubing? * * I'm using *Watts Quik Connect fittings and will be tying into
1/2" copper fixture risers.
Thanks.

Because; bigger is always better, I'd do my house in 3" if it was
feasible, then I could use flushvalve toilets.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 11, 2:21*pm, "Don & Lucille" wrote:
flushomters only require 1"

I'll bet they work better with bigger pipes.
The minimum requirement for Windows XP is 128mb ram, 1.5 gigabytes
(GB) of available hard disk space, try that some time.
The minimum requirement for sky diving is a paper towel with 4 strings
tied to the corners.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sure, but that is a reasonable question. Typically 1/2" PEX works fine for
domestic water but since no details were offered about why 3/4" was chosen
it makes sense to question it.

Thats where I was coming from George. I've seen plenty of PEX manifolds for
regular homes and all of them had 1/2" runs to the risers. Seems to work
well since most of the faucets etc are actually fed by 3/8" pipe anyway

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 11, 8:50*am, Eric in North TX wrote:
On Feb 10, 10:42*pm, "Rudy" wrote:

Using Hot & cold separate manifolds ? Why use 3/4" PEX to go to 1/2" copper
rather than use 1/2" all the way ?

Are there are tips the collective group can offer to using PEX *3/4 "
tubing? * * I'm using *Watts Quik Connect fittings and will be tying into
1/2" copper fixture risers.
Thanks.

Because; bigger is always better, I'd do my house in 3" if it was
feasible, then I could use flushvalve toilets.

No...bigger is NOT always better.

In most residential installations 1/2" is just fine, larger tubing &
the associated fittings are more expensive.

In fact using larger diameter tubing than necessary will only increase
hot water wait time.

OP - Short answer about 3/4" PEX, dont use it .... not necessary.

Long answer - unless you have an unusual installation or
requirements OR are doing a branch & main installation, I do not
see the need for 3/4" PEX.

IMO the best PEX system is Wirsbo tubing & expander type connections
and home run installation with copper valved manifolds, all 1/2"
tubing.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:42:53 -0700, Rudy wrote:

Using Hot & cold separate manifolds ? Why use 3/4" PEX to go to 1/2" copper
rather than use 1/2" all the way ?

Are there are tips the collective group can offer to using PEX 3/4 "
tubing? I'm using Watts Quik Connect fittings and will be tying into
1/2" copper fixture risers.
Thanks.

My son-in-law just hooked up his bathtub with 3/4" and it fills VERY fast,
much nicer than 1/2" supply lines. Unless it is a very long run, 1/2"
would do well for most other applications.

more tips [email protected] Metalworking 0 May 11th 08 08:22 AM
//more tips\\ [email protected] Home Repair 0 May 10th 08 11:02 AM
Thanks for your tips zap Woodworking 3 December 13th 07 11:21 PM
Tips Tips Tips ( work at home) PUNJABI GUY Home Repair 1 June 9th 07 08:28 AM
Top tips Brandon UK diy 1 November 3rd 06 11:05 PM