Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default PEX Tips

On Feb 11, 8:50*am, Eric in North TX wrote:
On Feb 10, 10:42*pm, "Rudy" wrote:

Using Hot & cold separate manifolds ? Why use 3/4" PEX to go to 1/2" copper
rather than use 1/2" all the way ?

Are there are tips the collective group can offer to using PEX *3/4 "
tubing? * * I'm using *Watts Quik Connect fittings and will be tying into
1/2" copper fixture risers.
Thanks.

Because; bigger is always better, I'd do my house in 3" if it was
feasible, then I could use flushvalve toilets.

No...bigger is NOT always better.

In most residential installations 1/2" is just fine, larger tubing &
the associated fittings are more expensive.

In fact using larger diameter tubing than necessary will only increase
hot water wait time.

OP - Short answer about 3/4" PEX, dont use it .... not necessary.

Long answer - unless you have an unusual installation or
requirements OR are doing a branch & main installation, I do not
see the need for 3/4" PEX.

IMO the best PEX system is Wirsbo tubing & expander type connections
and home run installation with copper valved manifolds, all 1/2"
tubing.

cheers
Bob