Posted to alt.home.repair

Default digital tv

"Cheri" wrote in message

Comcast, here, is telling everyone no changes are needed. Also I
understand that a converter box will not work with cable - only
antenna. I suspect in time they will do away with all digital signals
on cable making need for new TV's or rental of their box.

No: it is more likely that cable TV companies will go all-digital
(e.g. will no longer carry Canadian or Mexican TV stations that
continue to broadcast analogue signals.) Mind you, existing
(prepaid) equipment now lets cable TV retransmit analogue
signals as digital.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
"Cheri" wrote in message

Comcast, here, is telling everyone no changes are needed. Also I
understand that a converter box will not work with cable - only
antenna. I suspect in time they will do away with all digital signals
on cable making need for new TV's or rental of their box.

No: it is more likely that cable TV companies will go all-digital
(e.g. will no longer carry Canadian or Mexican TV stations that
continue to broadcast analogue signals.) Mind you, existing
(prepaid) equipment now lets cable TV retransmit analogue
signals as digital.

FWIW, I did not write what you quoted, Frank did. :-)

Cheri