Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who can install a chimney liner?

Hi,

Contractor quotes do not cease to amuse me. I have had several quotes
for installing a liner in my chimney and connecting it to a fireplace
insert. I provide both. Each contractor described it as a piece of
cake: "We attach it at the top of the chimney, cap it, seal it, drop
it down and then connect it at the bottom." So how much is it going to
cost me? The quotes ranged from $950-$1800.

I've been calling professional chimney repairers and stone guys. So,
obviously, these guys don't want the job. Who else can reliably do
this kind of job? Obviously, I want someone insured and bonded.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Chimney liner Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 0 January 22nd 09 11:11 PM
Installing SS chimney liner [email protected] Home Repair 6 November 14th 07 02:05 AM
Chimney Liner DSegal1027 Home Repair 0 January 21st 05 02:39 AM
Chimney Liner DSegal1027 Home Repair 1 January 19th 05 03:26 AM
New chimney liner nex barry martin Home Repair 1 October 19th 04 05:27 PM