Posted to alt.home.repair
John Galbreath Jr.[_2_] John Galbreath Jr.[_2_] is offline

Default Who can install a chimney liner?

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

Contractor quotes do not cease to amuse me. I have had several quotes
for installing a liner in my chimney and connecting it to a fireplace
insert. I provide both. Each contractor described it as a piece of
cake: "We attach it at the top of the chimney, cap it, seal it, drop
it down and then connect it at the bottom." So how much is it going to
cost me? The quotes ranged from $950-$1800.

I've been calling professional chimney repairers and stone guys. So,
obviously, these guys don't want the job. Who else can reliably do
this kind of job? Obviously, I want someone insured and bonded.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Contact a CERTIFIED Chimney Sweep. Look on this industry site for a list in
your area: http://www.CSIA.org.

--
John Galbreath Jr.
Birmingham, Alabama