Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whar to pay an out of work relative for re-modeling work

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 19:56:02 +0000, Kadaifi wrote:

I have a relative who is out of work. I thought I would help him with
some re-modeling work. He is an experienced home re-modeler and I don't
question his experience.

My question is what to pay? The work might include installing
re-placement windows, re-model some bathrooms, new siding, etc. The
prevailing base wage rate established by the state (North East) for a
journey carpenter is about $38/hr.

He has no place to live so would move in here and we would provide room
and board.

Any thoughts?

How about $38/hr?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Rick Brandt wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 19:56:02 +0000, Kadaifi wrote:

I have a relative who is out of work. I thought I would help him with
some re-modeling work. He is an experienced home re-modeler and I don't
question his experience.

My question is what to pay? The work might include installing
re-placement windows, re-model some bathrooms, new siding, etc. The
prevailing base wage rate established by the state (North East) for a
journey carpenter is about $38/hr.

He has no place to live so would move in here and we would provide room
and board.

Any thoughts?

How about $38/hr?

None of the work needs to be done. How about he does it for nothing but
I provide him with a place to live?