Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT SMall Engine rebuilding for tiller

I have an old cast iron techumseh engine I am trying to rebuild. (The
rod broke). I am putting it back together. At the bottom of the
stroke I can hear a sound and there seems to be some slight "play"
where the rod does not move the poston any. I think the same at the
top of the stroke.

Is this a problem or am I being overly cautious? This is my first
rebuild and have learned alot but wanted to get your opinion. I have
video posted he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG_kcd9VV3Q
Posted to alt.home.repair

As you get to top dead center or bottom dead center, I would think that
there would have to be a slight hesitation of the piston
movement as it changes direction.

"stryped" wrote in message
I have an old cast iron techumseh engine I am trying to rebuild. (The
rod broke). I am putting it back together. At the bottom of the
stroke I can hear a sound and there seems to be some slight "play"
where the rod does not move the poston any. I think the same at the
top of the stroke.

Is this a problem or am I being overly cautious? This is my first
rebuild and have learned alot but wanted to get your opinion. I have
video posted he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG_kcd9VV3Q

Newbie rebuilding small engine. Is this normal? stryped[_2_] Metalworking 16 January 2nd 09 02:00 PM
Troy tiller update on engine blow up stryped[_2_] Metalworking 10 July 22nd 08 02:18 PM
Mery Tiller Engine Leveled UK diy 0 June 30th 06 02:31 PM
Help w/ rebuilding B&S engine Chuck Jurgens Home Repair 8 June 2nd 05 02:53 AM