Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Raccoon blockage causes death

"[BARNSTABLE, Mass] Police in Sandwich, Mass., say it appears a 62-year-old
man died of carbon monoxide poisoning after his chimney was clogged by a
raccoon.

"...the home had contained no smoke or carbon monoxide detectors."

It evidently had no raccoon detectors either. He should have called
Rocky-Rooter.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/12/...3811229969723/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 23, 10:35*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[BARNSTABLE, Mass] Police in Sandwich, Mass., say it appears a 62-year-old
man died of carbon monoxide poisoning after his chimney was clogged by a
raccoon.

"...the home had contained no smoke or carbon monoxide detectors."

It evidently had no raccoon detectors either. He should have called
Rocky-Rooter.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/12/..._causes_mans_d...

I had one in my chimney, I lit newspapers he went out, then in 5
minutes he went back in, the next fire was big but he still wouldnt
leave till I got the water hose out. I got a cap he tried to rip it
off, he took off my neighbors garage vent cap, smoked him out again,
should have shot Her, a few weeks later 4 of them are around.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 23, 11:35*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[BARNSTABLE, Mass] Police in Sandwich, Mass., say it appears a 62-year-old
man died of carbon monoxide poisoning after his chimney was clogged by a
raccoon.

"...the home had contained no smoke or carbon monoxide detectors."

It evidently had no raccoon detectors either. He should have called
Rocky-Rooter.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/12/..._causes_mans_d...

Barnstable, MA - Cape Cod,...... area of the most expensive properties
in the US, hmmmmmmmmm
maybe in those troubled times raccoons run to the richies
Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
On Dec 23, 10:35 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[BARNSTABLE, Mass] Police in Sandwich, Mass., say it appears a
62-year-old man died of carbon monoxide poisoning after his chimney
was clogged by a raccoon.

"...the home had contained no smoke or carbon monoxide detectors."

It evidently had no raccoon detectors either. He should have called
Rocky-Rooter.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/12/..._causes_mans_d...

I had one in my chimney, I lit newspapers he went out, then in 5
minutes he went back in, the next fire was big but he still wouldnt
leave till I got the water hose out. I got a cap he tried to rip it
off, he took off my neighbors garage vent cap, smoked him out again,
should have shot Her, a few weeks later 4 of them are around.

Yeah, but aren't the babies just TOO cute?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Noahbuddy wrote:

Sounds as if babies were inside, so mamma wasn't going to leave them.
We had some racoons trying to bite their way into the house. I found
a lower piece of siding bitten. The shed out back they've bitten
thru the wood and into the shed. I'll let them be out there so
hopefully, they'll stay away from the house.

Yep. Mommies are tenacious.

I read a story a bit back about a retired couple living on a couple of acres
somewhere in the south. The property was surrounded by a thick hedge. One
day, as the husband was mowing this patch, a BOBCAT stepped out of the
hedge, hissed, and dared him to come closer!

Investigation (from a distance) revealed that momma bobcat had three kittens
in the hedge.

So, for the next few weeks, the homeowners would sit in the evening, sipping
their iced tea, and watching the baby bobcats grow up. Momma bobcat got
fairly used to the couple and appreciated the food left for her.

One day the babies were gone - off to start families of their own I suppose.
Momma's still around and mooches a chicken leg every once in a while. Maybe
next spring there'll be more bobcat kittens...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 10:08:06 -0800 (PST), ransley
wrote:

On Dec 23, 10:35*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[BARNSTABLE, Mass] Police in Sandwich, Mass., say it appears a 62-year-old
man died of carbon monoxide poisoning after his chimney was clogged by a
raccoon.

"...the home had contained no smoke or carbon monoxide detectors."

It evidently had no raccoon detectors either. He should have called
Rocky-Rooter.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/12/..._causes_mans_d...

I had one in my chimney, I lit newspapers he went out, then in 5
minutes he went back in, the next fire was big but he still wouldnt
leave till I got the water hose out. I got a cap he tried to rip it
off, he took off my neighbors garage vent cap, smoked him out again,
should have shot Her, a few weeks later 4 of them are around.

Any reason you didn't shoot in the first place?

[..If I'd have shot her when I met her, I'd be out of jail by now.]
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

ransley wrote:
On Dec 23, 10:35 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[BARNSTABLE, Mass] Police in Sandwich, Mass., say it appears a
62-year-old man died of carbon monoxide poisoning after his chimney
was clogged by a raccoon.

"...the home had contained no smoke or carbon monoxide detectors."

It evidently had no raccoon detectors either. He should have called
Rocky-Rooter.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/12/..._causes_mans_d

I had one in my chimney, I lit newspapers he went out, then in 5
minutes he went back in, the next fire was big but he still wouldnt
leave till I got the water hose out. I got a cap he tried to rip it
off, he took off my neighbors garage vent cap, smoked him out again,
should have shot Her, a few weeks later 4 of them are around.

Yeah, but aren't the babies just TOO cute?

Yea, cute like baby St Bernards :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Dec 23, 10:35*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[BARNSTABLE, Mass] Police in Sandwich, Mass., say it appears a 62-year-old
man died of carbon monoxide poisoning after his chimney was clogged by a
raccoon.

"...the home had contained no smoke or carbon monoxide detectors."

It evidently had no raccoon detectors either. He should have called
Rocky-Rooter.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/12/..._causes_mans_d....

I had one in my chimney, I lit newspapers he went out, then in 5
minutes he went back in, the next fire was big but he still wouldnt
leave till I got the water hose out. I got a cap he tried to rip it
off, he took off my neighbors garage vent cap, smoked him out again,
should have shot Her, a few weeks later 4 of them are around.

Any reason you didn't shoot in the first place?

[..If I'd have shot her when I met her, I'd be out of jail by now.]- Hide quoted text -

Id get in trouble with the police if I shot it.

Raccoon Problem Rob Mills Home Repair 33 September 20th 08 02:09 AM
Raccoon havoc HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 11 August 18th 08 03:54 AM
raccoon repellant bogus or for real FacilityFred Home Repair 12 June 12th 06 03:34 PM
Dead Raccoon Trapped Under Deck -- What to Do? Alan Home Repair 37 October 17th 05 04:23 PM
Raccoon smell Kendall P. Bullen Home Ownership 4 April 29th 05 03:43 AM