Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need to drill hole on granite couter top

Hi,
To install water filter tap.
Any advice/suggestions/recommendations appreciated.
TIAQ,
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:

Hi,
To install water filter tap.
Any advice/suggestions/recommendations appreciated.
TIAQ,

Carbide hole saw, a small drill press and a squirt bottle of water (like
a ketchup squeeze bottle) would be the simple way.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
To install water filter tap.
Any advice/suggestions/recommendations appreciated.
TIAQ,

diamond hole saw. cool it with water while drilling.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
To install water filter tap.
Any advice/suggestions/recommendations appreciated.
TIAQ,

diamond hole saw. cool it with water while drilling.

That works, but it's the expensive route, either renting or buying. The
carbide hole saws should do the job as a one-time deal at less cost.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pete C. wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
To install water filter tap.
Any advice/suggestions/recommendations appreciated.
TIAQ,

diamond hole saw. cool it with water while drilling.

That works, but it's the expensive route, either renting or buying. The
carbide hole saws should do the job as a one-time deal at less cost.

Possibly, I wouldn't know. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone
who if I had to do that job, would walk over to the other side of the
office, talk to one of the sprinkler guys, and ask them if I could
borrow one of the small hole saws they use for core drilling

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
To install water filter tap.
Any advice/suggestions/recommendations appreciated.
TIAQ,
diamond hole saw. cool it with water while drilling.

That works, but it's the expensive route, either renting or buying. The
carbide hole saws should do the job as a one-time deal at less cost.

Possibly, I wouldn't know. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone
who if I had to do that job, would walk over to the other side of the
office, talk to one of the sprinkler guys, and ask them if I could
borrow one of the small hole saws they use for core drilling

Yes, renting a Hilti core drill rig will certainly get the job done. For
a single dispenser hole in a countertop, I lean towards cheap and
treating a cheap carbide hole saw as a disposable item.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 12, 9:57*pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
To install water filter tap.
Any advice/suggestions/recommendations appreciated.
TIAQ,
diamond hole saw. *cool it with water while drilling.

That works, but it's the expensive route, either renting or buying. The
carbide hole saws should do the job as a one-time deal at less cost.

Possibly, I wouldn't know. *I'm speaking from the perspective of someone
who if I had to do that job, would walk over to the other side of the
office, talk to one of the sprinkler guys, and ask them if I could
borrow one of the small hole saws they use for core drilling

Yes, renting a Hilti core drill rig will certainly get the job done. For
a single dispenser hole in a countertop, I lean towards cheap and
treating a cheap carbide hole saw as a disposable item.- Hide quoted text -

This is one of those jobs that I would not fool around with. I'd call
a granite supplier and get some quotes on having it done.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Dec 12, 8:06*pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:

Hi,
To install water filter tap.
Any advice/suggestions/recommendations appreciated.
TIAQ,

Carbide hole saw, a small drill press and a squirt bottle of water (like
a ketchup squeeze bottle) would be the simple way.

Easy done, Check Harbor Freight for low cost carbide and diamond hole
saws. A cordless drill on low speed has about the right RPM for the
job.

Joe