Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Spackle over blueboard

Hi,

I'm hoping to have plaster-over-blue-board walls, but I may or may not
be able to find a plasterer I feel comfortable letting inside my
house. So far I met with three (with estimates ranging from $2200 to
$7100) but I am not comfortable with any one of them. So my plan is to
keep looking but I am eager to put up blue board to keep the cellulose
insulation from falling out. So I am wondering about this. Suppose I
put up blue board but then end up not finding anyone to do the
plastering. Would I be able to change the course and just complete it
as if it were regular drywall?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 11, 11:09*pm, Jennifer Eden
wrote:
Would I be able to change the course and just complete it
as if it were regular drywall?

You can change course and complete it with 6" 18k solid gold custom
fitted panels if you want, and don't let anybody tell you you can't.
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Hi,

I'm hoping to have plaster-over-blue-board walls, but I may or may not
be able to find a plasterer I feel comfortable letting inside my
house. So far I met with three (with estimates ranging from $2200 to
$7100) but I am not comfortable with any one of them. So my plan is to
keep looking but I am eager to put up blue board to keep the cellulose
insulation from falling out. So I am wondering about this. Suppose I
put up blue board but then end up not finding anyone to do the
plastering. Would I be able to change the course and just complete it
as if it were regular drywall?

coat and texture with drymall mud. it works fine and is a DIY type
job.

dont use spackle it dries way too fast!
Posted to alt.home.repair

So I'm still not quite sure what the answer is. Can blue board be
finished as if it were regular drywall?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Dec 12, 12:53*pm, Jennifer Eden
wrote:
So I'm still not quite sure what the answer is. Can blue board be
finished as if it were regular drywall?

Absolutely, yes. Go ahead and try a secluded portion of the wall. Work
with a low angle incandescent light to highlight the highs and lows,
and results under normal lighting will look surprisingly neat. If you
use setting type drywall mud (preferable) mix small batches and clean
tools frequently as you go. Good luck.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 12, 1:53*pm, Jennifer Eden
wrote:
So I'm still not quite sure what the answer is. Can blue board be
finished as if it were regular drywall?

Pretty good info:

http://forum.doityourself.com/walls-...s-drywall.html
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Hi,

I'm hoping to have plaster-over-blue-board walls, but I may or may not
be able to find a plasterer I feel comfortable letting inside my
house. So far I met with three (with estimates ranging from $2200 to
$7100) but I am not comfortable with any one of them. So my plan is to
keep looking but I am eager to put up blue board to keep the cellulose
insulation from falling out. So I am wondering about this. Suppose I
put up blue board but then end up not finding anyone to do the
plastering. Would I be able to change the course and just complete it
as if it were regular drywall?

coat and texture with drymall mud. it works fine and is a DIY type
job.

dont use spackle it dries way too fast!

She can got to school. http://www.drywallschool.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jennifer Eden" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm hoping to have plaster-over-blue-board walls, but I may or may not
be able to find a plasterer I feel comfortable letting inside my
house. So far I met with three (with estimates ranging from $2200 to
$7100) but I am not comfortable with any one of them. So my plan is to
keep looking but I am eager to put up blue board to keep the cellulose
insulation from falling out. So I am wondering about this. Suppose I
put up blue board but then end up not finding anyone to do the
plastering. Would I be able to change the course and just complete it
as if it were regular drywall?

Not a problem at all...Done it MANY times...Go for it...It will really soak
up primer though so be prepared for a little extra primer unless you
skimcoat with mud......Good luck...

Affixing 3/8" Blueboard and Plaster to an Existing Horsehair PlasterCeiling [email protected] Home Repair 3 February 13th 08 08:56 PM
Spackle or replace [email protected] Home Repair 4 October 3rd 06 11:38 PM
Blueboard Dan_Musicant Home Repair 9 July 27th 06 05:01 AM
EPS Foam, ISO, and EPS Blueboard at rock bottom prices! [email protected] Home Ownership 0 April 21st 06 02:40 AM
5/8" vs 1/2" Sheetrock/Blueboard Joe Home Repair 8 September 2nd 05 04:45 PM