Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kerosene Heater (Salamancer Type) repair

Can anyone tell me what material I would need to
repair the replace the metal strips that hold the
cone-shaped piece of metal on at the output end of
my heater? It looks like some type of
stainless-steel. Would a high-nickel rod weld
hold up in this application?

Thanks,

Ken

Posted to alt.home.repair

simple brazing will work. Or someone good with a MIG. You can order the
replacement from the mfgr.

"NapalmHeart" wrote in message
news
Can anyone tell me what material I would need to repair the replace the
metal strips that hold the cone-shaped piece of metal on at the output end
of my heater? It looks like some type of stainless-steel. Would a
high-nickel rod weld hold up in this application?

Thanks,

Ken

Kerosene Heater and De-humidifer Combo? Name Metalworking 39 December 11th 05 11:07 PM
kerosene heater Bonnie Home Repair 10 April 29th 05 03:58 AM
Garage heater - kerosene vs propane JC Home Repair 8 December 23rd 04 02:55 AM
When to clean kerosene heater? mark Home Repair 2 October 16th 04 12:11 PM