Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default shop window insulation

I'm thinking to cut to fit pieces of 2" polystyrene for my shop windows for
use in the winter (east and west) and summer (south). These are double hung
windows with a good 2" recess where the foam should fit in fairly well.

Other than it being 'pink' - it should be about an R10. One sheet should
cover 3 of my 4 windows and hopefully significantly reduce the amount of
hours on my electric heater.

This is for my "office-side" of the insulated shop. 23x11 with a 220V
heater. Four 34 x 44 windows.

I was also thinking to spray adhesive aluminum foil to one or both sides
(sun exposure side in the summer).

The sheet was $24 and should be enough to cover 3 windows.

Thoughts?