Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default sealing concrete cracks

Kevin wrote:
I have a crack - expansion joint - in my shop concrete floor that extends to
the outside underneath the exterior wall ( I can see daylight from inside
the shop)

The pesky ladybugs, etc like to line up and invade.

The crack is about 3/16" wide.

What's a good way to fill/seal this?

One of the flexible, self-leveling concrete patching/sealing products
would be my choice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kevin wrote:

I have a crack - expansion joint - in my shop concrete floor that extends to
the outside underneath the exterior wall ( I can see daylight from inside
the shop)

The pesky ladybugs, etc like to line up and invade.

The crack is about 3/16" wide.

What's a good way to fill/seal this?

There are caulks for that specific application.......on the rack with
other caulks at h.w. or big box store.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Backer rod to control the depth of the caulk. NP1 or SL1 (self
leveling) one part urethane caulk or equal. Be very selective
about brand and type of caulk. NP1 is a product of Sonneborn.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Kevin" wrote in message
l.net...
I have a crack - expansion joint - in my shop concrete floor that
extends to the outside underneath the exterior wall ( I can see
daylight from inside the shop)

The pesky ladybugs, etc like to line up and invade.

The crack is about 3/16" wide.

What's a good way to fill/seal this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'll have to check around. Walmart had Liquid Nails brand concrete filler

http://www.liquidnails.com/products/...sp?productId=6

Should I look further?

"DanG" wrote in message
Backer rod to control the depth of the caulk. NP1 or SL1 (self leveling)
one part urethane caulk or equal. Be very selective about brand and type
of caulk. NP1 is a product of Sonneborn.

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

l.net...