Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen Cabinets, No Studs

I am trying to hang some kitchen cabinets, but it seems the studs to not go
floor to ceiling. At the top of the cabinets the studs disappear! I have
over 30" where there are absolutely no studs to screw into. I found the
studs for the bottom of the wall cabinets, so the problem is at the top and
I have no ledge at the top of the wall to screw into either. I have a 24"
corner cabinet that I can't put any screws into studs. I have the cabinet
on the right with 2 screws into studs at the top and screwed into the
corner cabinet. To the left is the problem. An 24" cabinet is going in
there and there is no stud to screw into until a few inches from the left
hand side of that cabinet. There are no studs from the left end of the
cabinet all the way across to the inside of the corner cabinet. What would
be the best way to attach this securely short of building a stub wall above
the cabinets?

Mike D.