Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Kitchen Cabinets, No Studs

"Michael Dobony" wrote in message
I am trying to hang some kitchen cabinets, but it seems the studs to not go
floor to ceiling. At the top of the cabinets the studs disappear! I have
over 30" where there are absolutely no studs to screw into. I found the
studs for the bottom of the wall cabinets, so the problem is at the top
and
I have no ledge at the top of the wall to screw into either. I have a 24"
corner cabinet that I can't put any screws into studs. I have the cabinet
on the right with 2 screws into studs at the top and screwed into the
corner cabinet. To the left is the problem. An 24" cabinet is going in
there and there is no stud to screw into until a few inches from the left
hand side of that cabinet. There are no studs from the left end of the
cabinet all the way across to the inside of the corner cabinet. What
would
be the best way to attach this securely short of building a stub wall
above
the cabinets?

Mike D.

You can use 1/8" x 3" toggles if you have to do so. Each toggle when used
with securely attached drywall will hold about 50 pounds.

But what is holding up the drywall?

Also be sure to secure all the wall cabinets to each other by drilling
sideways through the styles at least 2 screws for each 30" high cabinet

Colbyt