Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Time to get car ready for winter

Time to put blankets, old coats, hats and gloves in your car in
case of emergency.

The cold this year reminds me of the year my car slid off the road
and was stuck for eight hours in a blizzard before someone came
along and pulled me out.

Before someone came along , I started walking to a house a mile or so
down the road. I had a coat but no hat or gloves, my ear was freezing
from being pelted with ice and snow so I held my hand up to protect it
and my hand froze. I started thinking this is the type of situation you
hear about where someone starts walking in a blizzard and isn't seen
again until next spring. A pickup came along and pulled me out after I
got to the house and found no one was home.

I hope everyone has a safe winter this year.

Grandpa David

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Grandpa David" wrote in message
Time to put blankets, old coats, hats and gloves in your car in
case of emergency.

The cold this year reminds me of the year my car slid off the road
and was stuck for eight hours in a blizzard before someone came
along and pulled me out.

Before someone came along , I started walking to a house a mile or so down
the road. I had a coat but no hat or gloves, my ear was freezing
from being pelted with ice and snow so I held my hand up to protect it and
my hand froze. I started thinking this is the type of situation you hear
about where someone starts walking in a blizzard and isn't seen again
until next spring. A pickup came along and pulled me out after I got to
the house and found no one was home.

I hope everyone has a safe winter this year.

Grandpa David

I dis-connected all the hoses from the bibs on Thursday and dared the wife
to leave one hooked up until spring.

Posted to alt.home.repair

That sure is a graphic demonstration of how to be unprepared. I hope your
future trips off the road are warmer, and more comfortable. Or, perhaps that
you stay home in bad weather.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Grandpa David" wrote in message
Time to put blankets, old coats, hats and gloves in your car in
case of emergency.

The cold this year reminds me of the year my car slid off the road
and was stuck for eight hours in a blizzard before someone came
along and pulled me out.

Before someone came along , I started walking to a house a mile or so
down the road. I had a coat but no hat or gloves, my ear was freezing
from being pelted with ice and snow so I held my hand up to protect it
and my hand froze. I started thinking this is the type of situation you
hear about where someone starts walking in a blizzard and isn't seen
again until next spring. A pickup came along and pulled me out after I
got to the house and found no one was home.

I hope everyone has a safe winter this year.

Grandpa David

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Colbyt" wrote in
m:

[...]

I probably should have done a couple of prep things today. Didn't think
of it. Probably because it was 76 degrees (eastern NC, 45mi from SC).
That's about to change next week though:-(

Posted to alt.home.repair

Very good advice! Also a cell phone and maybe even a CB, even if only a
small handheld one. I would also get the most powerful spotlight I could
find that will plug into a lighter socket. Shining it around in all
different directions could attract someone's attention if you get
stranded at night. And of course make sure and keep plenty of gas in the
car. Larry

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 15, 11:37*pm, (Lp1331 1p1331) wrote:
Very good advice! Also a cell phone and maybe even a CB, even if only a
small handheld one. I would also get the most powerful spotlight I could
find that will plug into a lighter socket. Shining it around in all
different directions could attract someone's attention if you get
stranded at night. And of course make sure and keep plenty of gas in the
car. *Larry

Call Billy Mays. I'm sure he has long list of things that you *need*
to have in the car with you this winter.

And if you order in the next 10 minutes...