Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repair Old Sub Floor

I recently added additional floor space to my exisiting kitchen. In
the process several large and small holes were left in my old sub
floor as I moved kitchen plumbing to the new addition. My question
is, how do I best repair the holes in my subfloor so that I can lay
either a laminate or hard wood floor over the holes?
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

I normally add a piece of support plywood subfloor material between the
joists with cleats attached to the joists to keep it in place, plus screws
and some construction adhesive, then cut a patch of more plywood the same
thickness as the original subfloor cut to fit into the opening, again
screwed and glued down to the support plywood. This way your floor is flat
and well supported.

"Tom" wrote in message
I recently added additional floor space to my exisiting kitchen. In
the process several large and small holes were left in my old sub
floor as I moved kitchen plumbing to the new addition. My question
is, how do I best repair the holes in my subfloor so that I can lay
either a laminate or hard wood floor over the holes?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tom" wrote in message
I recently added additional floor space to my exisiting kitchen. In
the process several large and small holes were left in my old sub
floor as I moved kitchen plumbing to the new addition. My question
is, how do I best repair the holes in my subfloor so that I can lay
either a laminate or hard wood floor over the holes?

I normally remove all of the old subfloor, plywood isn't that expensive.
I then do any insulating or other work while the space is accessible if
it's a finished space below, then install new subflooring with plenty of
construction adhesive to prevent any potential squeaks. The time you
spend cutting and fitting patches eats up any savings in the cost of new
plywood.

Wood Floor Repair komobu Home Repair 3 November 13th 07 06:20 AM
Garage Floor Repair [email protected] Home Repair 2 June 3rd 06 03:35 PM
What is a satisfactory floor repair? Please help! 1stTimeBuyer Home Repair 19 May 11th 06 03:45 AM
Concrete Floor Repair Tim Blank UK diy 2 May 9th 06 09:34 AM
laminate floor repair longshot Woodworking 4 March 23rd 05 10:07 PM