Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chimney cap replacement help?

Hi All,
I would like to replace my chimney cap but I am not sure how to remove the
current cap. It does not appear to be attached with screws, bolts or
rivets. Are some caps attached without hardware?
Thanks,
Mick

-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

mrogers007 wrote:
Hi All,
I would like to replace my chimney cap but I am not sure how to remove the
current cap. It does not appear to be attached with screws, bolts or
rivets. Are some caps attached without hardware?

All I've messed with have simply slid down the liner, no fasteners.

Posted to alt.home.repair

mrogers007 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...lp-340037-.htm
:
Thanks dpb! I'll try tapping with a small hammer first.

-------------------------------------
dpb wrote:

mrogers007 wrote:
Hi All,
I would like to replace my chimney cap but I am not sure how to
remove the
current cap. It does not appear to be attached with screws, bolts
or
rivets. Are some caps attached without hardware?

All I've messed with have simply slid down the liner, no fasteners.

Posted to alt.home.repair

(mrogers007) wrote in
m:

mrogers007 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...p-replacement-
help-340037-.htm
:

dpb wrote:

mrogers007 wrote:
Hi All,
I would like to replace my chimney cap but I am not sure how to
remove the
current cap. It does not appear to be attached with screws, bolts
or
rivets. Are some caps attached without hardware?

All I've messed with have simply slid down the liner, no fasteners.

Just be super careful around that liner. It is very brittle. If you crack
it you will want to $hoot yourself. If you have a spouse, they may shoot
you before you get a chance to shoot yourself once they find out the cost
to repair.