Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HOA removes "Welcome home" signs for vet

"[ORANGE PARK, Fla] The family was rolling out the red carpet, so to speak,
but the homecoming was dampened by the homeowner association rules. "They
removed the welcome home signs and balloons and flags," says Natalie
Boitet."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...121886&catid=3

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 08:39:39 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

"[ORANGE PARK, Fla] The family was rolling out the red carpet, so to speak,
but the homecoming was dampened by the homeowner association rules. "They
removed the welcome home signs and balloons and flags," says Natalie
Boitet."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...121886&catid=3

Notice: that page does not work properly unless scripts are enabled.
This, like MANY other web pages, are inconsiderate toward those who
care about security, and disable scripts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"[ORANGE PARK, Fla] The family was rolling out the red carpet, so to speak,
but the homecoming was dampened by the homeowner association rules. "They
removed the welcome home signs and balloons and flags," says Natalie
Boitet."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...121886&catid=3

Notice: that page does not work properly unless scripts are enabled.
This, like MANY other web pages, are inconsiderate toward those who
care about security, and disable scripts.

Gadflys typically don't care about such things..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"[ORANGE PARK, Fla] The family was rolling out the red carpet, so
to speak, but the homecoming was dampened by the homeowner
association rules. "They removed the welcome home signs and
balloons and flags," says Natalie Boitet."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...121886&catid=3

Notice: that page does not work properly unless scripts are enabled.
This, like MANY other web pages, are inconsiderate toward those who
care about security, and disable scripts.

Gadflys typically don't care about such things..

I trust you're not referring to me:

1. HOAs most definitely affect home repair. They can INSIST you repair your
home or REFUSE to let you repair or decorate your home they way you'd like
(as was the case here). As a consequence, many come to this group for advice
in meeting their HOA's mandate: ("My HOA insists I deal with the very large
hole in my front yard. What should I do?").

2. Sorry about those machines that can't view the web site; I keep my
machine up-to-date and protected from malware so I didn't experience any
trouble.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
"[ORANGE PARK, Fla] The family was rolling out the red carpet, so to speak,
but the homecoming was dampened by the homeowner association rules. "They
removed the welcome home signs and balloons and flags," says Natalie
Boitet."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...121886&catid=3

HOAs are ridiculous entities run by ridiculous people.

If you are trying to drum up sympathy for the homeowner whose
decorations were removed, you won't get it from me, though. The
homeowner was dumb enough to sign the agreement that legally binds
them to live by the HOA rules, and rules are rules. They ****ed in
their own bed, now they have to sleep there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

This is ridiculous! How could the HOA do that? This is very
disturbing.
Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at http://www.spicyhome.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jmmv08 wrote:

This is ridiculous! How could the HOA do that? This is very
disturbing.
Posted from the Free Home Improvement Forum at http://www.spicyhome.com

For all of the publicity that HOA's get in regard to rules and law
suits, seems some folks would
think of changing the rules rather than just ignoring them. The odd part
is that the family member
being welcomed has lived under much more strict "rules" and limitations,
and board members
usually tend to be very supportive of military families. When people
think they are "special",
they tend to have problems. I have spent lots of time listening to
condo residents (some of
whom were board members) **** and moan about a variety of topics rather
than present
them to the condo association formally to bring change. Rules about
signs are kind of nice,
so neighbors don't have "garage sale" signs all year long, etc.