Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default HOA removes "Welcome home" signs for vet

George wrote:
Gary H wrote:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 08:39:39 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

"[ORANGE PARK, Fla] The family was rolling out the red carpet, so
to speak, but the homecoming was dampened by the homeowner
association rules. "They removed the welcome home signs and
balloons and flags," says Natalie Boitet."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...121886&catid=3

Notice: that page does not work properly unless scripts are enabled.
This, like MANY other web pages, are inconsiderate toward those who
care about security, and disable scripts.

Gadflys typically don't care about such things..

I trust you're not referring to me:

1. HOAs most definitely affect home repair. They can INSIST you repair your
home or REFUSE to let you repair or decorate your home they way you'd like
(as was the case here). As a consequence, many come to this group for advice
in meeting their HOA's mandate: ("My HOA insists I deal with the very large
hole in my front yard. What should I do?").

2. Sorry about those machines that can't view the web site; I keep my
machine up-to-date and protected from malware so I didn't experience any
trouble.