Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Weird/Funny

Reading the Atlanta paper about the guy who painted his house garishly,
among other things, when the city refused his zoning variance reminded me of
an instance in Phoenix about 18-20 years ago.
An over the road truck driver was repainting his home located just off of
48th St. As he was only working when he was off the road, the painting was
going slow. Neighbors complained to the city, not sure of their basis, and
the owner was cited for “failure to complete in a timely manner”. No regs
existed as to color and after being cited the owner painted his home the
most awful looking iridescent purple that I have ever seen.
I drove 48th St. on my way to work and saw this daily. It sure brought
attention to the neighborhood!
I was there about 3 years ago and the house was a beige color.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"M. L. Dent" wrote in message
Reading the Atlanta paper about the guy who painted his house garishly,
among other things, when the city refused his zoning variance reminded me
of an instance in Phoenix about 18-20 years ago.
An over the road truck driver was repainting his home located just off of
48th St. As he was only working when he was off the road, the painting was
going slow. Neighbors complained to the city, not sure of their basis, and
the owner was cited for “failure to complete in a timely manner”. No regs
existed as to color and after being cited the owner painted his home the
most awful looking iridescent purple that I have ever seen.
I drove 48th St. on my way to work and saw this daily. It sure brought
attention to the neighborhood!
I was there about 3 years ago and the house was a beige color.

And about the same time period, on Chandler Blvd (about 10mi E of there),
just off downtown Chandler, a guy wanted to convert his houses (2) to a
commercial business zoning from residential. Neighbors objected, so city
refused to change the zoning or give special use permit and he painted his
two houses. If I remember correctly, in addition to wierd colors, he added
big daisies or something. A lot of individualism in Arizona...and
"mavericks", but then lets not interject politics here :-)

Tom G

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 14, 1:30*pm, "Tom G" wrote:

And about the same time period, on Chandler Blvd (about 10mi E of there),
just off downtown Chandler, a guy wanted to convert *his houses (2) to a
commercial business zoning from residential. *Neighbors objected, so city
refused to change the zoning or give special use permit and he painted his
two houses. *If I remember correctly, in addition to wierd colors, he added
big daisies or something. *A lot of individualism in Arizona...and
"mavericks", but then lets not interject politics here :-)

One of the houses was lime green with purple polka-dots, there were a
few yellow smiley-faces, and a couple of daisies like you used to see
on the side of a 60's VW Microbus.

Stayed like that for over a year IIRC.

Jerry
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 14, 5:55�pm, Jerry wrote:
On Oct 14, 1:30�pm, "Tom G" wrote:

And about the same time period, on Chandler Blvd (about 10mi E of there),
just off downtown Chandler, a guy wanted to convert �his houses (2) to a
commercial business zoning from residential. �Neighbors objected, so city
refused to change the zoning or give special use permit and he painted his
two houses. �If I remember correctly, in addition to wierd colors, he added
big daisies or something. �A lot of individualism in Arizona...and
"mavericks", but then lets not interject politics here :-)

One of the houses was lime green with purple polka-dots, there were a
few yellow smiley-faces, and a couple of daisies like you used to see
on the side of a 60's VW Microbus.

Stayed like that for over a year IIRC.

Jerry

A local guy was rebuilding his property on a budget, he owned A
MATTRESS SHOP

they cited him for slow progress, so he sprayed the building a
horrible purple pink blend.

he made the news which increased his business
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tom G wrote:
"M. L. Dent" wrote in message
[...]

Atlanta has zoning?

Pity.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 14, 3:20*pm, "M. L. Dent" wrote:
Reading the Atlanta paper about the guy who painted his house garishly,
among other things, when the city refused his zoning variance reminded me of
an instance in Phoenix about 18-20 years ago.
An over the road truck driver was repainting his home located just off of
48th St. As he was only working when he was off the road, the painting was
going slow. Neighbors complained to the city, not sure of their basis, and
the owner was cited for “failure to complete in a timely manner”. No regs
existed as to color and after being cited the owner painted his home the
most awful looking iridescent purple that I have ever seen.
I drove 48th St. on my way to work and saw this daily. It sure brought
attention to the neighborhood!
I was there about 3 years ago and the house was a beige color.

I lived in Puerto Rico for a few years and these are "normal" colors
down there purple, flamingo pink, day-glo green, cobalt blue,
etc... often at the same time.

Funny SMS fazi Woodworking 0 July 16th 07 09:36 AM
Funny foggytown Woodworking 3 June 3rd 05 05:45 AM
funny Lou Newell Woodworking 0 October 15th 04 05:57 PM