Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

Default Wall Street bailout plan: 10 reasons to just say no

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 05:44:09 -0700 (PDT), "R.S."
wrote:

http://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/o...geed_0925.html

Click-2-Listen -

http://c2l.newsworthyaudio.com/Partners/COXNewspapers/C2lPlayer.aspx?PartnerKey=COXNewspapers&SiteKey=aj c&ArticleGUID=ajc_opinion_bookman_stories_2008_09_ 25_pageed_0925&ArticleURL=http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/newsworthy/ajc//opinion/bookman/stories/2008/09/25//ajc_opinion_bookman_stories_2008_09_25_pageed_0925 .mp3&PartnerSpecificParam=AdUrl=http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/ajc.cni/$PAGE%23ap%40click2listen%23pg%40$PAGE%23sub%40$SU B%23fromsite%40ajc%23

By J. BOYD PAGE

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Reason No. 1: The $700 billion Wall Street bailout is merely a “drop
in the bucket.” It will not correct Wall Street’s problems. The
government’s suggestion that a $700 billion bailout of Wall Street and
its bad investments will somehow solidify the markets is simply
unfounded. The true facts show that there are more than $12 trillion
worth of mortgages outstanding in the U.S. alone.

Reason No. 2: The bailout plan smacks of cronyism. Treasury Secretary
Henry Paulson and many of his chief advisors are Wall Street alumni.
Paulson’s close relationship with the Wall Street community strongly
suggests ulterior motives may impact his recommendations.

Reason No. 3: Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke do not
understand the problems confronting the American economy and are not
qualified “to be king.” Dean Baker, co-director of the Center for
Economic and Policy Research in Washington, stated: “This
administration is asking for a $700 billion blank check to be put in
the hands of Henry Paulson, a guy who totally missed this, and has
been wrong about almost everything.”

Reason No. 4: The bailout plan proposes to give Paulson unfettered
discretion to do as he sees fit with no accountability to anyone and
no review of his actions by either courts or administrative agencies.
To create a “get out of jail free” card for anyone associated with the
proposed bailout offers unlimited possibilities of abuse.

Reason No. 5: The Wall Street bailout plan is a “knee-jerk reaction”
and there may well be better alternatives for spending $700 billion of
taxpayer money. The $700 billion plan is aimed at a very small segment
of American employees — generally the group of people who have earned
excessive income over many years and who live in “ivory towers.” Alan
Meltzer, a economic advisor to President Ronald Reagan, summarized the
situation saying, “This is scare tactics to try to do something that
is in the private but not the public interest.”

Reason No. 6: President Bush and Paulson have proposed a bailout plan
even though they have no idea of what to do. Prior to committing $700
billion of taxpayer funds, our government should at least have a plan
on what is going to be done with the money.

Reason No. 7: The bailout plan will undoubtedly result in a weaker
dollar with many adverse consequences for the American economy. David
Woo, the Global Head of Foreign Exchange at Barclay’s in London,
stated that “the downdraft on the dollar from the hit to the balance
sheet of the U.S. government will dwarf the short-term gains from
solving the banking crisis.”

Reason No. 8: The bailout plan is unlikely to avoid a recession. Even
experts who suggest there are long-term benefits to a bailout plan
note that it could take the better part of a decade before beginning
to show any impact on the U.S. economy.

Reason No. 9: There is no transparency to the bailout plan. Lack of
transparency is one reason our economy is in the position it finds
itself today.

Reason No. 10: Under the bailout plan Paulson and Bernanke intend for
the U.S. to pay above- market prices for the assets that the country
buys. Bernanke is urging that any bailout plan buy illiquid assets at
values above those for which they could be sold on the open market. In
other words, Bernanke wants the American people to overpay for Wall
Street’s illiquid assets.

Sound like a good idea to you? It doesn’t to me.

Boyd Page, an Atlanta attorney, specializes in investment and
securities litigation.

Other Bailout Resources you should review before you surrender to Wall
Street or Contact your Senators and Congressman

The Wall Street Meltdown and Inequality
http://extremeinequality.org/?p=82

10 Ways to Bail Out Wall Street (and Main Street) Without Soaking
Taxpayers in Debt
http://www.alternet.org/workplace/100223

Dean Baker: The Bailout Round II: Adult Version?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dean-b..._b_130418.html

This is an Emergency, if ever there was one!

Please Immediately Call and Email all your U.S. Senators and U.S.
House Representative Today at every office.

CONTACT INFORMATION for U.S. SENATE & HOUSE

Senators

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...state&Sort=ASC

House of Representatives

http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml#mn

if above doesn't work for you use link below

http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-63874-0-...orderasc-.html

Citizens you are making me PROUD to be a U.S. Citizen! No Wall Sereet
Bailout!

Keep the Heat on Congress, Inform them about what you've just learned,
Voice your opinion to them, and remind them who they represent and
work for!!!

Sorry for being offtopic to some but this issue is just too important.
There is a great fraud about to performed on American taxpayers.

ted
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history
RLM RLM is offline

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 05:58:25 -0700, wismel wrote:
..
This is beat to death on any of the political groups and you look as if
you are unable to make an informed statement without copy and pasting this
to a non political group not to mention cross posting it.

I would love to read any original thoughts you might have on one of the
groups this belongs in.

Posting this these groups makes you look ignorant and foolish unless I
have missed the humor that I can't find.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

wrote:

[....]
Senators

[....]

House of Representatives

[....]

Sorry for being offtopic to some but this issue is just too important.
There is a great fraud about to performed on American taxpayers.

ted

ROTFLMAO what do you mean "great fraud about to" be "performed"?
there is not a single day that goes by when the people are not ripped
a new one by the nasty yankee government. it is the job of any
government of greed driven flesh to lie cheat and steal for the purpose
of enriching themselves at the expense of their subjects or
[tax paying modules]. people are natural and they reject the one who
loves them and would bless them with great joy.

read 1st Samuel 8:11 and on from there so as to gain the complete
picture of what a government of flesh will do to those it governs.
then look about and see those who are in great numbers who reject,
rebuke and hate the Word of God as they do hate God Himself.

when the founders of the yankee government set about in their task
of creating a means by which a select few would rule over the lives
of the many they thought to change the concept of one king and one
privileged class family. in its place they enlarged the privileged
class with the use of senators and a house of representatives with
large budgets to support staff. they set themselves above the average
man by voting themselves large paychecks as well as the means to tour
the world at their [tax paying modules] expense.

there are those who love their yankee government and will defend their
yankee government by explaining debating and out right arguing. look
and know your place as a servant of government. to be taxed and to
support their large pay checks and their expensive life styles. and
yes that airplane really was to small for nancy.

only those who truly know God and have a one on one relationship with
God can exist on this earth while LOL@ governments of greedy flesh
because in knowing God one knows true freedom.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

Jim wrote:
wrote:
[....]
Senators

[....]
House of Representatives

[....]
Sorry for being offtopic to some but this issue is just too important.
There is a great fraud about to performed on American taxpayers.

ted

ROTFLMAO what do you mean "great fraud about to" be "performed"?

You said it Dude! Rock on!

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

Jim wrote:
wrote:
[....]
Senators

[....]
House of Representatives

[....]
[...]

so?
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

wrote:
"R.S."

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sorry for being offtopic to some but this issue is just too important.

1) It's off topic.
2) It's badly outdated, thus...
3) It's flat-out wrong and deceptive.

There is a great fraud about to performed on American taxpayers.

No, you're not a great fraud. Just a small one.

--
Ray Fischer

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

Jim wrote:
wrote:
[....]
Senators

[....]
House of Representatives

[....]
Sorry for being offtopic to some but this issue is just too important.
There is a great fraud about to performed on American taxpayers.

ted

ROTFLMAO what do you mean "great fraud about to" be "performed"?
there is not a single day that goes by when the people are not ripped
a new one by the nasty yankee government. it is the job of any
government of greed driven flesh to lie cheat and steal for the purpose
of enriching themselves at the expense of their subjects or
[tax paying modules]. people are natural and they reject the one who
loves them and would bless them with great joy.

Y'all better check on the folks who've been running this government
for the last 30 years or so. The "Southern Strategy" which has kept
the Repugnicant branch of the ruling plutocrat party in power is
most certainly not "yankee". Y'alls need to stop fighting that war.

[...]

I am proof of the falsehood of this syllogism. I do the latter
without the former.

--
"If God keeps hangin' around with politicians, it's gonna hurt his reputation."
Molly Ivins
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

Elmo wrote:

and that would be "LOL@ governments of greedy flesh" or the knowing of
"true freedom"?

Technically, the "because" clause is an attempt to provide
a proof of the stated hypothesis but since including it
makes it a tautology, I ignored that part. However I do
laugh at governments whether they be secular like nation
states or religious like the organizations that govern
churches. And I do know true freedom -- although I doubt
you would agree on the definition since yours requires the
notion of knowing God in a strictly Christian sense.

You tell us! You got it!! Please expound on that.

J-
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

Jason wrote:
Elmo wrote:

and that would be "LOL@ governments of greedy flesh" or the knowing
of "true freedom"?

Technically, the "because" clause is an attempt to provide
a proof of the stated hypothesis but since including it
makes it a tautology, I ignored that part. However I do
laugh at governments whether they be secular like nation
states or religious like the organizations that govern
churches. And I do know true freedom -- although I doubt
you would agree on the definition since yours requires the
notion of knowing God in a strictly Christian sense.

You tell us! You got it!! Please expound on that.

J-

That would be proselytizing. It's against my religion.

--
One genius of the system we live under is that the
strategies required to survive it from day to day are
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

Elmo wrote:

Jim wrote:
Elmo wrote:
Jim wrote:
wrote:
[....]
Senators
[....]
House of Representatives

[....]

only those who truly know God and have a one on one relationship with
God can exist on this earth while LOL@ governments of greedy flesh
because in knowing God one knows true freedom.
I am proof of the falsehood of this syllogism. I do the latter
without the former.

and that would be "LOL@ governments of greedy flesh"
or the knowing of "true freedom"?

Technically, the "because" clause is an attempt to provide
a proof of the stated hypothesis but since including it
makes it a tautology, I ignored that part.

Elmo, after I spent some time in the dictionary I like what
you just pointed out to me. for what I was saying the usage
of the word 'because' was inappropriate as well as ill conceived.
thank you for provoking clarity providing clarification.

However I do
laugh at governments whether they be secular like nation
states or religious like the organizations that govern
churches.

most likely your laugh is drowned by my loud gawky
honker of a laugh when I'm LOL at religion.

my laughter concerning our national government has turned
in recent days more to disgust. I can't get my loud gawky
honker of a laugh to work right when I'm disgusted.

And I do know true freedom -- although I doubt
you would agree on the definition since yours requires the
notion of knowing God in a strictly Christian sense.

no, just knowing God through the teachings of Jesus.

peace Elmo,
Jim

--
Religion is a contrivance of partisanship. A lens to give
focus and clarity to people's natural gift for hostility.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 11:01:36 -0400, RLM wrote:

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 05:58:25 -0700, wismel wrote:
.
This is beat to death on any of the political groups and you look as if
you are unable to make an informed statement without copy and pasting this
to a non political group not to mention cross posting it.

I would love to read any original thoughts you might have on one of the
groups this belongs in.

Posting this these groups makes you look ignorant and foolish unless I
have missed the humor that I can't find.

Seeing as this affects home owners, it is not that off topic. Blame Barny
Frank and the dumocrats who refused to provide oversight to Fannie and
Freddie. Financial experts have warned about this for at least a decade,
but nobody listened. Loans were issued to unqualified people and in excess
of what people could reasonably afford. Blame the greedy banks for
deliberate fiscal stupidity. This bailout is a bandaid on cancer. It is a
total waste of money and the homeowner is going to pay, bailout or no
bailout.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

Michael Dobony wrote:
On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 11:01:36 -0400, RLM wrote:

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 05:58:25 -0700, wismel wrote:
.
This is beat to death on any of the political groups and you look as if
you are unable to make an informed statement without copy and pasting this
to a non political group not to mention cross posting it.

I would love to read any original thoughts you might have on one of the
groups this belongs in.

Posting this these groups makes you look ignorant and foolish unless I
have missed the humor that I can't find.

Seeing as this affects home owners, it is not that off topic.

Seeing as how this has nothing to do with photography it clearly IS
off topic.

Blame Barny
Frank and the dumocrats who refused to provide oversight to Fannie and

Typical neocon bigotry.

--
Ray Fischer

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

Seeing as this affects home owners, it is not that off topic. Blame Barny
Frank and the dumocrats who refused to provide oversight to Fannie and
Freddie. Financial experts have warned about this for at least a decade,
but nobody listened. Loans were issued to unqualified people and in
excess
of what people could reasonably afford. Blame the greedy banks for
deliberate fiscal stupidity. This bailout is a bandaid on cancer. It is
total waste of money and the homeowner is going to pay, bailout or no
bailout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOVXh4xM-Ww

and then,
http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/
click on: 'FACTOR' FACE-OFF

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

On Oct 4, 11:28�pm, Michael Dobony wrote:
[...]

yeah i dont believe this bailout will work any better than the
previous ones......

congress liked it for special intersts... special wood arrowhead tax
bereaks etc

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

wrote:
[...]

You got it. Please post more thoughts on this. We need to talk more
about it!
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

In message , Jim
writes
only those who truly know God and have a one on one relationship with
God can exist on this earth while LOL@ governments of greedy flesh
because in knowing God one knows true freedom.

When you say God do you mean God or are you a Christian?

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

In message , Elmo
writes
churches. And I do know true freedom -- although I doubt
you would agree on the definition since yours requires the
notion of knowing God in a strictly Christian sense.

But God isn't a Christian..... is she?

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

In message , Jim
writes
And I do know true freedom -- although I doubt
you would agree on the definition since yours requires the
notion of knowing God in a strictly Christian sense.

no, just knowing God through the teachings of Jesus.

But Jesus didn't know God... Jesus was a Christian..

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

Chris H wrote:

Jim wrote:

only those who truly know God and have a one on one relationship with
God can exist on this earth while LOL@ governments of greedy flesh
because in knowing God one knows true freedom.

When you say God do you mean God or are you a Christian?

the word Christian is a label.

1Pe 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be
ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

men have always needed labels so as to be able to quickly identify.
[if] I had written 1Pe 4:16 I would have used the words 'follower
of the teachings of Jesus' in the place of the word 'Christian'.

the words 'follower of the teachings of Jesus' imply doing the
things Jesus taught. summarization, love God, trust God, love
others as yourself.

my laughter at governments of greedy flesh is only attainable
through trusting God and in knowing how it is that God Himself
has already delivered me by way of the work and doings of Jesus.

if you need the use of the label then label me Christian and
if you need to hate me for that then so be it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

Jim wrote:

my laughter at governments of greedy flesh is only attainable
through trusting God and in knowing how it is that God Himself
has already delivered me by way of the work and doings of Jesus.

if you need the use of the label then label me Christian and
if you need to hate me for that then so be it.

Why would anyone bother to hate you for something so asinine as belief
in Christianity? or Judaism, Islam and Hinduism? All of these
religions are based on mans awakening intelligence and questioning of
their existence. As science proved inexorably, the origins of the
universe and man, even if created by God, are much more complex and
profound than the superstitious ramblings of the various organized
religions.

The only 'organized' religion that makes any sense at all for human
beings who want peace and happiness is Buddhism. And at that it has a
couple flaky edges itself...

It's much easier to be an atheist and actually do things to help people
irregardless of their creed or religion and especially not to shove my
beliefs down their throats.

As to the wall street issue, gee, wasn't all this deregulation and
dilution of oversight the crown achievement of the right wing, Christian
fundamentalist Republicans? Ah, yes, that is so...
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history
Ann Ann is offline

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 21:39:15 -0400, Jim wrote:

Jason wrote:

Jim wrote:

my laughter at governments of greedy flesh is only attainable through
trusting God and in knowing how it is that God Himself has already
delivered me by way of the work and doings of Jesus.

if you need the use of the label then label me Christian and if you
need to hate me for that then so be it.

Why would anyone bother to hate you

[....]
As to the wall street issue, gee, wasn't all this deregulation and
dilution of oversight the crown achievement of the right wing, Christian
fundamentalist Republicans? Ah, yes, that is so...

having a place to locate the blame for your dissatisfaction has enabled
you to feel all better now, right?

Does blaming the "Yankees" make you feel better?

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

Ann wrote:

Jim wrote:
Jason wrote:
Jim wrote:

my laughter at governments of greedy flesh is only attainable through
trusting God and in knowing how it is that God Himself has already
delivered me by way of the work and doings of Jesus.

if you need the use of the label then label me Christian and if you
need to hate me for that then so be it.

Why would anyone bother to hate you

[....]
As to the wall street issue, gee, wasn't all this deregulation and
dilution of oversight the crown achievement of the right wing, Christian
fundamentalist Republicans? Ah, yes, that is so...

having a place to locate the blame for your dissatisfaction has enabled
you to feel all better now, right?

Does blaming the "Yankees" make you feel better?

when appropriate, yes.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.religion,soc.history

In article ,
Ann wrote:

having a place to locate the blame for your dissatisfaction has enabled
you to feel all better now, right?

Does blaming the "Yankees" make you feel better?

Only since the Steinbrenners took over.