Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Balancing fan blades

I have a fairly old ceiling fan (came with the house) that wobbles like
crazy at high speed. Anyone know of a good web site where I can see how
to balance it?

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

"LouB" wrote in message
I have a fairly old ceiling fan (came with the house) that wobbles like
crazy at high speed. Anyone know of a good web site where I can see how to
balance it?

Lou

Googling "balance ceiling fan" returned 697,000 sites in .29 seconds. You
might want to give it a try ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Reggie Dunlop wrote:
"LouB" wrote in message
I have a fairly old ceiling fan (came with the house) that wobbles like
crazy at high speed. Anyone know of a good web site where I can see how to
balance it?

Lou

Googling "balance ceiling fan" returned 697,000 sites in .29 seconds. You
might want to give it a try ;-)

You are right and I did:-))
This site and page looks terrific:
http://www.hansenwholesale.com/ceili...p#installation

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

there's a good chance the blades are loose. Check that first.

Also, then check to see that they are all vertically even. That's what
usually causes the wobble.

"LouB" wrote in message
I have a fairly old ceiling fan (came with the house) that wobbles like
crazy at high speed. Anyone know of a good web site where I can see how to
balance it?

Lou

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Barker DLT wrote:

"LouB" wrote in message
I have a fairly old ceiling fan (came with the house) that wobbles like
crazy at high speed. Anyone know of a good web site where I can see how to
balance it?

Lou

there's a good chance the blades are loose. Check that first.

Also, then check to see that they are all vertically even. That's what
usually causes the wobble.

Meaning each tip is the same distance from the ceiling?

Lou

Posted to alt.home.repair

yeah, if the ceiling is level and flat.

"LouB" wrote in message

Meaning each tip is the same distance from the ceiling?

Lou

Posted to alt.home.repair
RLM RLM is offline

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 00:41:26 -0500, Steve Barker DLT wrote:

yeah, if the ceiling is level and flat.

Measure from the same spot. It will always be the same distance from the
center of the Earth.

"LouB" wrote in message

Meaning each tip is the same distance from the ceiling?

Lou

Posted to alt.home.repair

"LouB" wrote in message

Meaning each tip is the same distance from the ceiling?

Lou

Make sure they are all at the same PITCH (angle). If
balance varies with speed, it's the pitch, a blade bracket
got bent a tad.

-- larry / dallas
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve Barker DLT" wrote in
:

"LouB" wrote in message

Meaning each tip is the same distance from the ceiling?

Lou

Same distance from the ceiling? But they work on vaulted ceilings. I had
one. I must be missing something on this week old post.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
"Steve Barker DLT" wrote in
:

"LouB" wrote in message

Meaning each tip is the same distance from the ceiling?

Lou

Same distance from the ceiling? But they work on vaulted ceilings. I had
one. I must be missing something on this week old post.

I did not say anything about the ceiling, which happens to be flat.

Lou (OP)

CH balancing Fred UK diy 6 February 21st 08 11:47 PM
A/c balancing Mark Savoy Home Repair 2 May 30th 06 06:26 PM
balancing wheels? Bernard Arnest Metalworking 5 April 29th 06 04:37 AM
Balancing nigelb UK diy 2 November 21st 05 11:34 PM
Balancing radiators Keith Moore UK diy 11 November 25th 04 08:23 PM