Junior Member

Location: Kent
Default Balancing

Balancing seems to be one of the favourite topics in this forum so sorry to be boring but...

I posted before about balancing. Many helpful replies. I pretty much get it but one quick clarification if possible. I have only 6 rads with combi boiler.

TRVs are on all rads except bathroom.

When balancing system should both valves in bathroom be fully open for by-pass purposes or should bathroom rad be included in balancing? Will this still be all right when other TRVs are shut down?

Sorry to be thick.

Thanks

Nigel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 18:10:35 +0000, in uk.d-i-y nigelb
wrote:

Balancing seems to be one of the favourite topics in this forum so sorry
to be boring but...

I posted before about balancing. Many helpful replies. I pretty much
get it but one quick clarification if possible. I have only 6 rads with
combi boiler.

It would be easier to help you if you gave the subject of the previous
discussions - at the moment I can't find anything else from you.

TRVs are on all rads except bathroom.

When balancing system should both valves in bathroom be fully open for
by-pass purposes or should bathroom rad be included in balancing?

It needs to be balanced, same as all the others. It is the whole system
that has to be balanced, not just some radiators.

Some combis have an internal automatic bypass valve and so do not
require a radiator to be used as a by-pass, and can fit TRVs on all
radiators. It's worth checking if yours is like that.

Will this still be all right when other TRVs are shut down

Yes.

Have you seen the balancing faq?
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/rad-balance.html

Phil