Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to trim out bath vent on siding (pics)

On Sep 21, 4:56*pm, "Pat" wrote:
"Mikepier" wrote in message

Greetings. Today I installed a *Broan bath vent on the outside wall of
my bathroom. Because my siding is not flat, I had to cut out the
perimeter of the vent as the instructions say. *I now have to trim out
the opening. What is the best way? In the second pic you see a window
that has a J- channel or whatever its called at the edges of the
siding. I thought thats what I could use. Any inputs appreciated.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikerock92/BathroomFanVent#

You need one of thesehttp://www.hardwareandtools.com/invt/u109272?ref=gbase

I'm assuming I can get this at Lowes or HD?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mikepier" wrote in message
On Sep 21, 4:56 pm, "Pat" wrote:
"Mikepier" wrote in message

Greetings. Today I installed a Broan bath vent on the outside wall of
my bathroom. Because my siding is not flat, I had to cut out the
perimeter of the vent as the instructions say. I now have to trim out
the opening. What is the best way? In the second pic you see a window
that has a J- channel or whatever its called at the edges of the
siding. I thought thats what I could use. Any inputs appreciated.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikerock92/BathroomFanVent#

You need one of
thesehttp://www.hardwareandtools.com/invt/u109272?ref=gbase

I'm assuming I can get this at Lowes or HD?

I don't think so. I buy them from a vinyl siding supplier.