Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Is microwave safe without the outside cover screwed on.

I just got out of the hospital with a broken arm and abdominal
surgery. (you don't want to know the gory details) It's very hard to
do anything. I live alone.

I have a small microwave whhich had an intermittent fuse. This
happened a week before I was hospitaized, and I hadn't fixed it yet.
It would be great to have hot food. I can replace the fuse but
finding and getting and and putting on the metal cover, the cabinet,
is probably beyond me. It it safe to use without that outside cover?
How far away would I have to be?

What if I do find the cover but I can't do more than lay it on top, in
place, but can't even put one screw in. Does the cover help at all
wihout any screws? What about one screw? Does the screw have to be
in tight?

Thanks a lot.
--
A tribute to Erols/RCN/Starpower which took away newsgroups,
without giving any notice, in advance or when they did it!!

And a real tribute to https://www.forteinc.com/apn/subscribe.php
which starts at 3 dollars for 12 gigs a month,
including alt, misc, the big 8 and everything else, 12 gigs is
far more than someone who dl's mostly text should ever need.