Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet problem

I have tried to pour boiling water into the bowl in the hopes of it
helping to break up the clog while I was using the plunger to break
the clog. However, I have heard some cracking sound near the toilet as
I flush the boiling water down the drain. I don't see any water
dripping down the pipe in the unfinished basement, but I'm still quite
concerned that I have broken something. Can someone give guidance on
what might happen in this case?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 19, 9:23*pm, ssylee wrote:
I have tried to pour boiling water into the bowl in the hopes of it
helping to break up the clog while I was using the plunger to break
the clog. However, I have heard some cracking sound near the toilet as
I flush the boiling water down the drain. I don't see any water
dripping down the pipe in the unfinished basement, but I'm still quite
concerned that I have broken something. Can someone give guidance on
what might happen in this case?

That must have been a big clog.
Don't ever ask to use my flusher.
Posted to alt.home.repair

ssylee wrote:

I have tried to pour boiling water into the bowl in the hopes of it
helping to break up the clog while I was using the plunger to break
the clog. However, I have heard some cracking sound near the toilet as
I flush the boiling water down the drain. I don't see any water
dripping down the pipe in the unfinished basement, but I'm still quite
concerned that I have broken something. Can someone give guidance on
what might happen in this case?

Install a new toilet would probably be the best solution.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:23:58 -0700 (PDT), ssylee
wrote:

I have tried to pour boiling water into the bowl in the hopes of it
helping to break up the clog while I was using the plunger to break
the clog. However, I have heard some cracking sound near the toilet as
I flush the boiling water down the drain. I don't see any water
dripping down the pipe in the unfinished basement, but I'm still quite
concerned that I have broken something. Can someone give guidance on
what might happen in this case?

The noise was probably just the plumbing shifting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

evodawg wrote:

ssylee wrote:

I have tried to pour boiling water into the bowl in the hopes of it
helping to break up the clog while I was using the plunger to break
the clog. However, I have heard some cracking sound near the toilet as
I flush the boiling water down the drain. I don't see any water
dripping down the pipe in the unfinished basement, but I'm still quite
concerned that I have broken something. Can someone give guidance on
what might happen in this case?

Install a new toilet would probably be the best solution.

I poured very hot (not boiling) water into a toilet once. The beeswax
ring that seals the toilet base to the waste pipe flange melted and
it rained in the room below.

My advice: don't pour hot water into the toilet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have tried to pour boiling water into the bowl in the hopes of it
helping to break up the clog while I was using the plunger to break
the clog. However, I have heard some cracking sound near the toilet as
I flush the boiling water down the drain. I don't see any water
dripping down the pipe in the unfinished basement, but I'm still quite
concerned that I have broken something. Can someone give guidance on
what might happen in this case?

Never put hot water into a toilet! You will have to replace the
cracked bowl.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Blattus Slafaly wrote in
:

ssylee wrote:
I have tried to pour boiling water into the bowl in the hopes of it
helping to break up the clog while I was using the plunger to break
the clog. However, I have heard some cracking sound near the toilet as
I flush the boiling water down the drain. I don't see any water
dripping down the pipe in the unfinished basement, but I'm still quite
concerned that I have broken something. Can someone give guidance on
what might happen in this case?

The crack may be so fine that you can't see it and water won't leak yet.
Now, normal expansion and contraction may enlarge the crack so that it
will leak in the future. The worse that could happen is that it could
split in half while you are sitting on it.

LOL! That could be worth some bucks on one of those TV shows. Keep a 24x7
loop camera on it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Your bigger problem is melting wax that is use for seal under the bowl
you need rotor router a plumber to line and not the toilet bowl
Tony

wrote:

I have tried to pour boiling water into the bowl in the hopes of it
helping to break up the clog while I was using the plunger to break
the clog. However, I have heard some cracking sound near the toilet as
I flush the boiling water down the drain. I don't see any water
dripping down the pipe in the unfinished basement, but I'm still quite
concerned that I have broken something. Can someone give guidance on
what might happen in this case?

Never put hot water into a toilet! You will have to replace the
cracked bowl.

Toilet Problem Pat in Atlanta Home Repair 12 July 20th 07 03:18 PM
Toilet problem Dick Adams Home Repair 6 January 12th 07 07:02 PM
Toilet problem Chuck and Erika Douglas Home Repair 4 March 25th 05 11:23 AM
toilet problem? Jeff Home Repair 7 February 19th 04 10:55 AM
Toilet problem... Jason Home Repair 3 November 9th 03 01:53 AM