Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet problem

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:23:58 -0700 (PDT), ssylee
wrote:

I have tried to pour boiling water into the bowl in the hopes of it
helping to break up the clog while I was using the plunger to break
the clog. However, I have heard some cracking sound near the toilet as
I flush the boiling water down the drain. I don't see any water
dripping down the pipe in the unfinished basement, but I'm still quite
concerned that I have broken something. Can someone give guidance on
what might happen in this case?

Never put hot water into a toilet! You will have to replace the
cracked bowl.