Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New WH, still low pressure on hot side

I finally replaced my 30-year-old water heater last Monday, with a 6-
year version from BOB (big orange box). Did it all myself, for less
than $400. Would've cost $600+ to have done.

Anyway, I had an issue before with a signifigant drop-off in water
pressure any time I went all-hot anywhere in the house. I still do.

The 3/4" connection pipes on top of the old WH were pretty crudded up,
and I thought that was my problem until I tried all-hot with the new
heater in place.

The copper pipes immediately before and after the WH are clean as a
whistle.

Not so much of a problem now that I don't need to go all-hot to get
anything but a stone-cold shower, but still bugs me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 15, 11:59*am, wrote:
I finally replaced my 30-year-old water heater last Monday, with a 6-
year version from BOB (big orange box). Did it all myself, for less
than $400. Would've cost $600+ to have done.

Anyway, I had an issue before with a signifigant drop-off in water
pressure any time I went all-hot anywhere in the house. I still do.

The 3/4" connection pipes on top of the old WH were pretty crudded up,
and I thought that was my problem until I tried all-hot with the new
heater in place.

The copper pipes immediately before and after the WH are clean as a
whistle.

Not so much of a problem now that I don't need to go all-hot to get
anything but a stone-cold shower, but still bugs me.

when you say "all hot" are we talking about showers? or sinks as well

got a tempering or balancing valve some where in the house?

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 15, 3:22�pm, BobK207 wrote:
On Sep 15, 11:59�am, wrote:

[...]

Bob- Hide quoted text -

have any galvanized pipe? anywhere?

hot tends to clog first.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 15, 3:22*pm, BobK207 wrote:
when you say "all hot" are we talking about showers? or sinks as well

Everywhere.

got a tempering or balancing valve some where in the house?

Not that I am aware of.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 15, 3:55*pm, " wrote:
have any galvanized pipe? anywhere?

hot tends to clog first.

All copper, except for a stretch of CPVC that comes from the old well
which is valved off.