Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting ceiling in front of oven

I've got some ceiling paint that started peeling in front of the oven
(which vents into the kitchen -- just a simple household range) not
much more than 5 years after being painted last. Not sure what kind
of paint it was -- I wasn't around at the time. I'd like to do the
best I can to delay this from happening next time -- what sort of
paint would resist the heat the best? What else could I do to help?

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pete,

I can't advise you on special "high heat" ceiling paint. I suspect that
your problem was caused by poor prep. Ovens can give off a lot of greasy
smoke so good cleaning is important on kitchen ceilings. Why do you think
that this is a heat problem?

Dave M.

Painting Front Railing: Rust-O-Leum, Or...? Robert11 Home Repair 5 October 14th 07 04:42 AM
painting front step Neil UK diy 0 March 3rd 06 03:27 PM
Painting Front door yitzak UK diy 17 August 19th 05 08:32 PM
Front door painting! Mike Hibbert UK diy 13 November 20th 04 10:56 PM
Advice on painting/staining front porch kristen Home Ownership 1 July 8th 03 12:15 AM