DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Painting ceiling in front of oven (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/259698-painting-ceiling-front-oven.html)

Pete from Boston September 8th 08 05:14 AM

Painting ceiling in front of oven

I've got some ceiling paint that started peeling in front of the oven
(which vents into the kitchen -- just a simple household range) not
much more than 5 years after being painted last. Not sure what kind
of paint it was -- I wasn't around at the time. I'd like to do the
best I can to delay this from happening next time -- what sort of
paint would resist the heat the best? What else could I do to help?

Thanks!

David L. Martel September 8th 08 01:01 PM

Painting ceiling in front of oven

Pete,

I can't advise you on special "high heat" ceiling paint. I suspect that
your problem was caused by poor prep. Ovens can give off a lot of greasy
smoke so good cleaning is important on kitchen ceilings. Why do you think
that this is a heat problem?

Dave M.