Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water heater specs

Looking at Rheem water heater specs, I noticed some strange numbers. Two
of their water heaters have all the same specs except for the warranty and
the cost per year. The cost per year of one is $309 and the other is $231.
Everything else is the same, including first hour rating, tank size, input
btu/h, recovery rating, dimensions, weight, and energy factor.

I thought you could calculate the cost per year from the first hour rating,
the btu/h input, the recovery rating, and the energy factor. But if all
four of those are the same, how are they getting such different costs per
year for them?

22V40F1, $309/year:
http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...csheets/Reside
ntial%20Gas/RHGasFury.pdf

22V40 PROF, $231/year:
http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...csheets/Reside
ntial%20Gas/RHGasPro.pdf
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 7:47*pm, Anagram wrote:
Looking at Rheem water heater specs, I noticed some strange numbers. *Two
of their water heaters have all the same specs except for the warranty and
the cost per year. *The cost per year of one is $309 and the other is $231. *
Everything else is the same, including first hour rating, tank size, input
btu/h, recovery rating, dimensions, weight, and energy factor.

I thought you could calculate the cost per year from the first hour rating,
the btu/h input, the recovery rating, and the energy factor. *But if all
four of those are the same, how are they getting such different costs per
year for them?

22V40F1, $309/year: *http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...ts/specsheets/...
ntial%20Gas/RHGasFury.pdf

The better one has more insulation.
22V40 PROF, $231/year:http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...ts/specsheets/...
ntial%20Gas/RHGasPro.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Anagram wrote:

Looking at Rheem water heater specs, I noticed some strange numbers. Two
of their water heaters have all the same specs except for the warranty and
the cost per year. The cost per year of one is $309 and the other is $231.
Everything else is the same, including first hour rating, tank size, input
btu/h, recovery rating, dimensions, weight, and energy factor.

I thought you could calculate the cost per year from the first hour rating,
the btu/h input, the recovery rating, and the energy factor. But if all
four of those are the same, how are they getting such different costs per
year for them?

22V40F1, $309/year:
http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...csheets/Reside
ntial%20Gas/RHGasFury.pdf

22V40 PROF, $231/year:
http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...csheets/Reside
ntial%20Gas/RHGasPro.pdf

If you bracket your links: link they won't break.

http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...specsheets/Res
idential%20Gas/RHGasFury.pdf

http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...specsheets/Res
idential%20Gas/RHGasPro.pd
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
Anagram wrote:

[...]

And don't leave off any letters! (sorry)

http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...specsheets/Res
idential%20Gas/RHGasFury.pdf

http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...specsheets/Res
idential%20Gas/RHGasPro.pdf
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
Anagram wrote:

Looking at Rheem water heater specs, I noticed some strange numbers. Two
of their water heaters have all the same specs except for the warranty
and
the cost per year. The cost per year of one is $309 and the other is
$231.

Everything else is the same, including first hour rating, tank size,
input
btu/h, recovery rating, dimensions, weight, and energy factor.

I thought you could calculate the cost per year from the first hour
rating,
the btu/h input, the recovery rating, and the energy factor. But if all
four of those are the same, how are they getting such different costs per
year for them?

22V40F1, $309/year:
http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...ecsheets/Resid
ntial%20Gas/RHGasFury.pdf

22V40 PROF, $231/year:
http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...ecsheets/Resid
ntial%20Gas/RHGasPro.pdf

If you bracket your links: link they won't break.

And don't leave off any letters! (sorry)

http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...specsheets/Res
idential%20Gas/RHGasFury.pdf

http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...specsheets/Res
idential%20Gas/RHGasPro.pdf

Now that I've fixed the links, I see that one difference is the cost of
fuel cited: For NG: $0.91 per therm vs. $1.281. For L.P.: $1.23/gal. vs.
$1.87.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 09:58:46 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
Anagram wrote:

I thought you could calculate the cost per year from the first hour rating,
the btu/h input, the recovery rating, and the energy factor. But if all
four of those are the same, how are they getting such different costs per
year for them?

22V40F1, $309/year:
http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...csheets/Reside
ntial%20Gas/RHGasFury.pdf

22V40 PROF, $231/year:
http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...csheets/Reside
ntial%20Gas/RHGasPro.pdf

If you bracket your links: link they won't break.

And don't leave off any letters! (sorry)

http://waterheating.rheem.com/conten...specsheets/Res
idential%20Gas/RHGasFury.pdf

They still broke for me this time, reading with Agent 1.9.

But I couldn't count on posters using brackets even if they worked all
the time, so what always works for me is to start a reply, then remove
the LineFeed and characters:

http://waterheating.rheem.com/content/resources/documents/specsheets/Residential%20Gas/RHGasPro.pdf

Then I can click on it with no problem.