Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawmover repair question

I have Toro 6.5 Self propelled lawn mover. The mover cuts off when I
move it backwards. I replaced the air filter and the spark plug but
it still seems to be doing the same thing. No problems when i depress
the leveler to move it forward or keep it running in one position.

Any suggestions
Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jul 28, 4:20*pm, david wrote:
I have Toro 6.5 Self propelled lawn mover. *The mover cuts off when I
move it backwards. *I replaced the air filter and the spark plug but
it still seems to be doing the same thing. *No problems when i depress
the leveler to move it forward or keep it running in one position.

Any suggestions
Thanks

There'd a loose part involved with the control shorting out the
ignition. Keep looking, and gpod luck.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

What's a mover?
What's a leveller?
I mean, I've helped people move house, but never as a part of a mower. I've
levelled things, but not as a lawn mower part.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"david" wrote in message
I have Toro 6.5 Self propelled lawn mover. The mover cuts off when I
move it backwards. I replaced the air filter and the spark plug but
it still seems to be doing the same thing. No problems when i depress
the leveler to move it forward or keep it running in one position.

Any suggestions
Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 28, 5:20*pm, david wrote:
I have Toro 6.5 Self propelled lawn mover. *The mover cuts off when I
move it backwards. *I replaced the air filter and the spark plug but
it still seems to be doing the same thing. *No problems when i depress
the leveler to move it forward or keep it running in one position.

Any suggestions
Thanks

If lawn mowers these days are like lawn tractors, they are designed to
kill the engine if you back up with the blade engaged. Apparently
there was a rash of people running over themselves while backing up a
lawn mower or something??? In that case, there is either a button or a
switch position that allows you to do back up "safely".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 28, 11:11*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
What's a mover?
What's a leveller?
I mean, I've helped people move house, but never as a part of a mower. I've
levelled things, but not as a lawn mower part.

But.. he got his point across so what difference does it make that he
can't write coherently or spell simple words correctly? Right?

It amazes the hell out of me how diehard lunatic political
conservatives turn into bleeding heart liberals when the subject of
literacy comes up. They will jump on your ass for complaining about
poor spelling and grammar... "Who are you to criticize?" is their
battle cry.

Aren't these people the same ones complaining about the growing
Spanish-speaking segment of the United States? Aren't these the same
people who want to make a law that says English is the only language
spoken in the United States?

That is called being a hypocrite.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 28, 4:20*pm, david wrote:
I have Toro 6.5 Self propelled lawn mover. *The mover cuts off when I
move it backwards. *I replaced the air filter and the spark plug but
it still seems to be doing the same thing. *No problems when i depress
the leveler to move it forward or keep it running in one position.

Any suggestions
Thanks

I dont think what you are describing has a logical reason, call toro.
I have a toro, I know of no control that would cause that to happen
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I found the Miss Type humorous. Lawn Mover. I just have funny images
in my head. "Honey? Have you moved the lawn to the north side of the
house this week?" Just an innocent poking of fun at the OP himself.
I couldn't care about mispeellings or bad gramerr.
Posted to alt.home.repair

A five horse lawn mover. That gives me mental images.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Paul" wrote in message

I found the Miss Type humorous. Lawn Mover. I just have funny images
in my head. "Honey? Have you moved the lawn to the north side of the
house this week?" Just an innocent poking of fun at the OP himself.
I couldn't care about mispeellings or bad gramerr.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Paul wrote in
:

wrote:
[...]

Brings back memories of the Cheech & Chong audio tape of The Evelyn
Woodhead Sped Reddin' Course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_...Reading_Course
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
Paul wrote in
:

wrote:
[...]

You mean 'Evelyn Woodhead Sped Reddin CURSE', man. Can't you spell?

/sarc off

Posted to alt.home.repair

Shanghai McCoy wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
Paul wrote in
:

wrote:
[...]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_...eed_Reading_Co
urse

You mean 'Evelyn Woodhead Sped Reddin CURSE', man. Can't you spell?

/sarc off

No, no spells. My grandma used to get spells...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message
Shanghai McCoy wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
Paul wrote in
:

wrote:
[...]

Where's Dave?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't want English as the language of the US. I want American. I'm not
barmy enough to motor to my flat in my lorry. Stopping at the ironmonger for
a flex, cause my torch is out and I need a light in the other room.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
Aren't these the same
people who want to make a law that says English is the only language
spoken in the United States?

That is called being a hypocrite.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"amdx" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Shanghai McCoy wrote in
:

Red Green wrote:
Paul wrote in

m:

wrote:
[...]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_...Speed_Reading_
Co urse

You mean 'Evelyn Woodhead Sped Reddin CURSE', man. Can't you spell?

/sarc off

No, no spells. My grandma used to get spells...

Where's Dave?

Dave??? Dave's not here, man.

DVD repair question radiosrfun Electronics Repair 12 January 29th 08 08:41 PM
DVD repair question radiosrfun Electronics Repair 9 November 19th 07 04:13 PM
Repair Question DE Metalworking 8 August 26th 05 02:16 PM
Repair question DE Metalworking 8 June 1st 05 11:59 PM