Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how to test plugs

this website shows how the untrained homeowner can test resepticles in
his house

works for every kind.

http://thedomesticelectrician.webs.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

What idiot wrote this ? They refer to the left and right side of
recepticals as being the hot and neutral. In some houses they could be
reversed, and even in the same house the left and right could be reversed.
There is no standard on the way the recepticals are mounted in the wall.

wrote in message
this website shows how the untrained homeowner can test resepticles in
his house

works for every kind.

http://thedomesticelectrician.webs.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
this website shows how the untrained homeowner can test resepticles in
his house

works for every kind.

http://thedomesticelectrician.webs.com

Yes the outlet can be mounted with ground pin down, which seems to be
most common, or turned 180 deg with ground pin up. Or the outlet can be
mounted horizontally as well. Is it as looking at the front or from the
back? So saying right or left slot is too ambiguous.

I prefer to reference them as small slot = hot and larger slot =
neutral, but then some very old un-polarized outlets the slots are both
the same size (small).

The web site could use some pictures or diagrams.
Kevin
Posted to alt.home.repair

I've got a dryer socket, that the article didn't say how to test. And,
outside my trailer there is a big plug and socket, that plugs my trailer in.
Peoples RV have big plugs and sockets, too. No information how to test
these.

Pretty useless article. And, I didn't see anything how to test plugs. I've
got some plugs on my appliances, I should test those.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
this website shows how the untrained homeowner can test resepticles in
his house

works for every kind.

http://thedomesticelectrician.webs.com

Using Oak Plugs Buck Turgidson Woodworking 11 March 23rd 07 10:53 PM
Bad 'Mains test plugs' ? T i m UK diy 23 August 21st 06 09:50 PM
Rawl plugs / wall plugs - what's the secret? Peter Hucker UK diy 24 July 20th 05 01:45 AM
Somewhat OT... Ear Plugs... Joe Metalworking 2 February 12th 05 08:58 PM
What plugs in here? [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 18th 04 05:24 AM