Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is it okay to put a fridge outside?

I have an old fridge (old like in 1950s-- with a rounded door and
cabinet, and no separate freezer door, the freezer is a compartment
inside the fridge).

It works just fine-- on the warmest setting everything gets very cold
(perhaps 35 degrees) and since that works I haven't tried it on any
other settings.

I use it only a few times a year, when I'm having a barbecue and have
a lot of food and beverages to store.

It occurred to me that instead of keeping it in my basement, where it
takes up space and heats up the basement when I turn it on, I could
simply leave it outside, closer to my grill and where the guests
gather.

But then it'd be outside all winter long also (I could cover it if
need be; it'd be below my deck).

Anybody know if there's any harm in leaving it outside, unplugged,
with the door open?

thanks,

CFL in Fridge Yroc Morf Home Repair 16 September 18th 07 01:16 AM
min-fridge v full-size fridge: which is most efficient? ken UK diy 8 August 4th 07 10:31 AM
RV Fridge? Gunner Metalworking 11 March 22nd 06 05:33 AM
Hotpoint ff93 fridge/freezer - fridge section not working DBridge UK diy 10 December 11th 04 03:49 PM