Posted to alt.home.repair
Shaun Eli Shaun Eli is offline

Default Is it okay to put a fridge outside?

I have an old fridge (old like in 1950s-- with a rounded door and
cabinet, and no separate freezer door, the freezer is a compartment
inside the fridge).

It works just fine-- on the warmest setting everything gets very cold
(perhaps 35 degrees) and since that works I haven't tried it on any
other settings.

I use it only a few times a year, when I'm having a barbecue and have
a lot of food and beverages to store.

It occurred to me that instead of keeping it in my basement, where it
takes up space and heats up the basement when I turn it on, I could
simply leave it outside, closer to my grill and where the guests
gather.

But then it'd be outside all winter long also (I could cover it if
need be; it'd be below my deck).

Anybody know if there's any harm in leaving it outside, unplugged,
with the door open?

thanks,