Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Install sequence - Interior doors & laminate floor

I'll get whole flooring and all interior doors replaced for the main level
of my house. Laminate to replace carpet, do it myself. For doors, get a
carpenter to install pre-hungs. Doors include 4-fold doors for a couple of
closets.

I think the best sequence is:
1) remove existing doors/frames.
2) lay laminate flooring
3) install doors on new flooring.

Advise please. Thanks.

John

Posted to alt.home.repair

John61 wrote:

I'll get whole flooring and all interior doors replaced for the main
level of my house. Laminate to replace carpet, do it myself. For doors,
get a carpenter to install pre-hungs. Doors include 4-fold doors for a
couple of closets.

I think the best sequence is:
1) remove existing doors/frames.
2) lay laminate flooring
3) install doors on new flooring.

Advise please. Thanks.

John

That's the way I would do it. It means I wouldn't have to fit the flooring
around the door jambs.

By the way, look at engineered flooring before you make up your mind on
the laminate. The price is similar for some grades, and the engineered
stuff can be refinished.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Posted to alt.home.repair

John61 wrote:
Thanks. I was thinking to buy those glueless laminate flooring, like
Uniclic, costs about $2/sqft.

Also look at lumberliquidators.com where laminate can be had for as little
as $0.78/sqft.

You need not replace the doors to install flooring. It's a bit more work but
far, far cheaper.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 29, 9:53*pm, "John61" wrote:
I'll get whole flooring and all interior doors replaced for the main level
of my house. Laminate to replace carpet, do it myself. For doors, get a
carpenter to install pre-hungs. Doors include 4-fold doors *for a couple of
closets.

I think the best sequence is:
1) remove existing doors/frames.
2) lay laminate flooring
3) install doors on new flooring.

Advise please. Thanks.

John

I just did this in my home. Ripped out doors, installed floor,
installed new doors. BTW, if you can install laminate/engineered
floors on your own... you can install a pre hung door. it's super
easy. google it...

Interior Doors Jim[_8_] UK diy 5 October 18th 07 07:15 PM
Recommend a floor paint - grotty timber interior floor & stairs. spacky_packy UK diy 2 August 2nd 06 09:01 PM
Leveling floor for laminate install craig Woodworking 13 January 1st 05 04:16 PM
Leveling floor for laminate install craig Home Repair 1 December 29th 04 01:42 PM
Leveling floor for laminate install craig Home Ownership 0 December 29th 04 07:38 AM