Posted to alt.home.repair

Default LG vs. Friedrich Air Conditioner

I want to replace a through the wall air conditioner.

I live in rural Oregon so I have a limited selection. The only suitable one
I can buy locally is a Sears 13,200 BTU for $500.00.
http://tinyurl.com/5aajd3
This is a rebadged LG brand. LG is a Korean company.

I have often heard that Friedrich air conditions are the very best, but
after doing a lot of searching on line, I can't verify this. Consumer
Reports does not test through the wall air conditioners, but they do test
window units. They usually give high marks to Friedrich air conditioners,
but they usually are not rated as the very best.

I can order a slightly larger Friedrich unit for about $850.00, delivered.
http://tinyurl.com/5wn59z

Does anybody know whether it's worth the extra $350.00 to get the
Friedrich? I'm not worried about the slightly larger capacity, I am more
worried about noise first and durability second.

The LG Web site lists noise in their specifications, Friedrich does not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kuskokwim" wrote in message

Does anybody know whether it's worth the extra $350.00 to get the
Friedrich? I'm not worried about the slightly larger capacity, I am more
worried about noise first and durability second.

The LG Web site lists noise in their specifications, Friedrich does not.

Friedrich has a reputation for being quiet compared to others.

Why not try contacting the company through their web site for information?
Ask them what you asked us and give them the LG rating and see what they
come back with. Let us know if you do.