Posted to alt.home.repair

Default House Call Fee

So, the last time you had a repair guy (or gal) out to the house.

* What did he (she) repair?
* How much was the trip charge, or price to just show up?
* What was the labor rate, or price per hour?
* Has any repair guy (or gal) said the price went up, account of price of
gas?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 28, 9:33�pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
So, the last time you had a repair guy (or gal) out to the house.

* What did he (she) repair?
* How much was the trip charge, or price to just show up?
* What was the labor rate, or price per hour?
* Has any repair guy (or gal) said the price went up, account of price of
gas?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
�www.lds.org
.

I repair office machines for a living, over a wide area. specifically
roll laminators that put plastic on paper like menus are laminated.

my costs are sky rocketing, and i have raised my labor and travel
rates.

every on site service business is getting hammered.

I am spending 300 bucks a week minimu for fuel.

thats over 15 grand a year. and having to carry parts, machines and
some supplies for sale i cant use a sub compact. i use a mini van
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

So, the last time you had a repair guy (or gal) out to the house.

* What did he (she) repair?

My "pipes".

* How much was the trip charge, or price to just show up?

200

* What was the labor rate, or price per hour?

150

* Has any repair guy (or gal) said the price went up, account of price
of gas?

Said if I HAD gas the price would be higher.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
So, the last time you had a repair guy (or gal) out to the house.

* What did he (she) repair?
* How much was the trip charge, or price to just show up?
* What was the labor rate, or price per hour?
* Has any repair guy (or gal) said the price went up, account of price of
gas?

--

Propane company tech for new hookup
$40

The AC guy we use at work is $75/hour regular time. $112/hr Sunday. He's
never charged us trip time because he rents space from us in our building
and it only 100 feet away.

Other rates I've recently paid:
Electrician is $65 to $75/hour
Carpenter $40
Welder $95
Computer network $95 (1 hr min) no travel time
Air compressor service tech $90 travel $90/hr
Fork lift service $65. Normally 1 hour travel time but waived on PM service
Machine service tech from Austria $1000/day plus actual travel cost and
expenses
Machine service tech from Italy $900/day plus actual travel cost and
expenses

Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
(snip)
Machine service tech from Austria $1000/day plus actual travel cost and
expenses
Machine service tech from Italy $900/day plus actual travel cost and
expenses

Austria and Italy? Y'all machining granite or something?

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
(snip)
Machine service tech from Austria $1000/day plus actual travel cost and
expenses
Machine service tech from Italy $900/day plus actual travel cost and
expenses

Austria and Italy? Y'all machining granite or something?

--
aem sends...

Molding plastic foam. The last US machine builders went out of business in
the 1980's.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 21:33:02 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

So, the last time you had a repair guy (or gal) out to the house.

* What did he (she) repair?
* How much was the trip charge, or price to just show up?
* What was the labor rate, or price per hour?
* Has any repair guy (or gal) said the price went up, account of price of
gas?

I had a leaking pipe under my 60 year old kitchen sink and called a
plumbing company out of the phone book. They came in 2 hours, replaced
the broken part and fixed it for $80, probably took less than 45
minutes.

I had called my insurance company because I had no idea how long the
pipe had been leaking, so they sent Servicemaster over to have a look.

Servicemaster said that pulling the linoleum back and drying the wood
off with my hairdryer was the right thing to do and there wasn't any
damage the dehumidifier wouldn't take care of. They didn't charge me
anything.

Keri
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
So, the last time you had a repair guy (or gal) out to the house.

* What did he (she) repair?
* How much was the trip charge, or price to just show up?
* What was the labor rate, or price per hour?
* Has any repair guy (or gal) said the price went up, account of
price of gas?

You're not including the Craiglist "Erotica" listings, are you? I notice
that, at, oh, $180/hour, they're cheaper than some A/C people.

And a lot more fun. For example, they'll only talk dirty if you want them
to.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I was kinda hoping for some numbers of what folks charge. How much to show
up, and the labor rate?

I also drive a van. No way I could be effective out of a passenger car.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

HallerB Wrote:

I repair office machines for a living, over a wide area. specifically
roll laminators that put plastic on paper like menus are laminated.

my costs are sky rocketing, and i have raised my labor and travel
rates.

every on site service business is getting hammered.

I am spending 300 bucks a week minimu for fuel.

thats over 15 grand a year. and having to carry parts, machines and
some supplies for sale i cant use a sub compact. i use a mini van

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks, Ed. I'm obviously far too cheap.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus