Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water pressure

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 14:59:12 -0800, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas
wrote:

What's "normal" water pressure? I have two lines, one potable water, the
other irrigation water. I want to check both with a gauge. What ranges are
"normal"?

Steve

16 - 85 psi
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere
critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly,

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Joe wrote:
SteveB wrote:
What's "normal" water pressure? I have two lines, one potable water,
the other irrigation water. I want to check both with a gauge. What
ranges are "normal"?

Steve

31-60 psi

What about 30?

The irrigation line may run higher than the potable depending on the
source(s) and where you test (inside/outside house)...

Posted to alt.home.repair

I think that most folks would agree that about 40-50 lb psi is good for a
residential home.

For people that have a well, and a water pressure switch that has to be set
for "high" and "low" settings, the typical range would be a low of
20 and high of 60 psi.

James

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What's "normal" water pressure? I have two lines, one potable water, the
other irrigation water. I want to check both with a gauge. What ranges
are
"normal"?

Steve

16 - 85 psi

Why didn't you just CYA and say 0-1,000?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 16:59:41 -0800, "SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

What's "normal" water pressure? I have two lines, one potable water, the
other irrigation water. I want to check both with a gauge. What ranges
are
"normal"?

Steve

16 - 85 psi

Why didn't you just CYA and say 0-1,000?

Because, 16 - 85 psi is what I meant!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What's "normal" water pressure? I have two lines, one potable water, the
other irrigation water. I want to check both with a gauge. What ranges
are
"normal"?

Steve

16 - 85 psi

Why didn't you just CYA and say 0-1,000?

Why don't you just ask your water utililty - who might actually know -
instead of asking a bunch of strangers who don't even know what continent
you live on let along anything else?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Joe wrote:
SteveB wrote:
What's "normal" water pressure? I have two lines, one potable water,
the other irrigation water. I want to check both with a gauge. What
ranges are "normal"?

Steve

31-60 psi

What about 30?

The irrigation line may run higher than the potable depending on the
source(s) and where you test (inside/outside house)...

And it definitely ranges with the time of day. We're at the end of the
line, so when everyone else has their water on, we've got the last tit.
Just wanted to get some ideas, as I have a couple of Maxi-Paws that I can't
get to work, and I was wondering if someone ran a too small line to them or
water was just low when everyone has their water turned on.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

news

wrote:

What's "normal" water pressure? I have two lines, one potable water,
the
other irrigation water. I want to check both with a gauge. What ranges
are
"normal"?

Steve

16 - 85 psi

Why didn't you just CYA and say 0-1,000?

Why don't you just ask your water utililty - who might actually know -
instead of asking a bunch of strangers who don't even know what continent
you live on let along anything else?

If I started doing that, the group, as we know it would die. It's SOP.

Steve