Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Depot, Walmart, and Lowes

I shop at any place I can get a good deal, yet I've discovered that
Home Depot sells items online not available in stores. When I
inquired about having the item shipped to the local Home Depot I was
told the shipping would be $48 (44% of the item's value). I asked
the Service Department to honor free shipping to local stores like
WalMart and Lowes provides, but they stated that the online store is
not affiliated with their store, as if it is another company. I guess
HD does not match Lowes deals.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:05:19 -0400, Phisherman wrote:
I shop at any place I can get a good deal, yet I've discovered that
Home Depot sells items online not available in stores. When I
inquired about having the item shipped to the local Home Depot I was
told the shipping would be $48 (44% of the item's value). I asked
the Service Department to honor free shipping to local stores like
WalMart and Lowes provides, but they stated that the online store is
not affiliated with their store, as if it is another company. I guess
HD does not match Lowes deals.

Nor can they figure out the math to consolidate shipping. It's funny
how the stores are able to get inventory to sell without buying them
one at a time, yet HD online can't manage to get the items out to the
stores without doing exactly that. Can't they afford any warehouses and
a delivery truck or two?

Actually the math is probably that HD online doesn't do enough business.
And they never will until they deal with the shipping issue as other
online store chains seem to be able to do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:05:19 -0400, Phisherman wrote:

I shop at any place I can get a good deal, yet I've discovered that Home
Depot sells items online not available in stores. When I inquired about
having the item shipped to the local Home Depot I was told the shipping
would be $48 (44% of the item's value). I asked the Service Department
to honor free shipping to local stores like WalMart and Lowes provides,
but they stated that the online store is not affiliated with their
store, as if it is another company. I guess HD does not match Lowes
deals.

The other day I saw HD selling online a Moen rough-in shower control
valve for $800 more than anyone else, obviously an error. I wrote a
wrote a note and the reply was that HD would not match competitor prices.

Fair enough. I bought my valve elsewhere.

Franz Fripplfrappl
Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:
I shop at any place I can get a good deal, yet I've discovered that
Home Depot sells items online not available in stores. When I
inquired about having the item shipped to the local Home Depot I was
told the shipping would be $48 (44% of the item's value). I asked
the Service Department to honor free shipping to local stores like
WalMart and Lowes provides, but they stated that the online store is
not affiliated with their store, as if it is another company. I guess
HD does not match Lowes deals.

The test is whether the on-line store charges you state sales tax. If it
does, then the online store and your neighborhood outlet are part of the
same corporate collection.

That's why Border's online charges sales tax for books and Amazon doesn't.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Like the time at one parts house, they wanted $20.40 for a five pack of
blade fuses, like you use in the car. Or on a furnace circuit board. I
gently declined, and went to the auto parts down the road, got a five pack
for $1.99.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus