Posted to alt.home.repair
franz fripplfrappl franz fripplfrappl is offline

Default Home Depot, Walmart, and Lowes

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:05:19 -0400, Phisherman wrote:

I shop at any place I can get a good deal, yet I've discovered that Home
Depot sells items online not available in stores. When I inquired about
having the item shipped to the local Home Depot I was told the shipping
would be $48 (44% of the item's value). I asked the Service Department
to honor free shipping to local stores like WalMart and Lowes provides,
but they stated that the online store is not affiliated with their
store, as if it is another company. I guess HD does not match Lowes
deals.

The other day I saw HD selling online a Moen rough-in shower control
valve for $800 more than anyone else, obviously an error. I wrote a
wrote a note and the reply was that HD would not match competitor prices.

Fair enough. I bought my valve elsewhere.

Franz Fripplfrappl