Posted to alt.home.repair
how how is offline

Default Hydro jet water heater

Hi,
Hydro Jet water heater, Model MI50S6DS13 Running too hot on lowest
setting. Does this indicate a thermostat problem? Unit is three years old.
Thanks for any help.
--
no NEWS is good
Posted to alt.home.repair

how wrote:
Hi,
Hydro Jet water heater, Model MI50S6DS13 Running too hot on lowest
setting. Does this indicate a thermostat problem? Unit is three years old.
Thanks for any help.

Is this a new problem or has it always been like that?

MikeB
Posted to alt.home.repair

"how" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,
Hydro Jet water heater, Model MI50S6DS13 Running too hot on lowest
setting. Does this indicate a thermostat problem? Unit is three years old.
Thanks for any help.
--
no NEWS is good

Could be the stat itself or the sensor is covered with gunk and not getting
a proper reading.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 22, 12:30*am, how wrote:
Hi,
Hydro Jet water heater, Model MI50S6DS13 Running too hot on lowest
setting. Does this indicate a thermostat problem? Unit is three years old..
Thanks for any help.
--
no NEWS is good

Once I had that issue and I was lucky the thermostat has a pin
sticking out as a stop, I cut it off and got mine to set lower.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Quote: how wrote on Sun, 22 June 2008 00:30
Hydro Jet water heater, Model MI50S6DS13 Running too hot on lowest
setting. Does this indicate a thermostat problem? Unit is three years old.

I guess you may already know this but I think some units have two thermostats (upper and lower). Not sure about this one but if you see two access panels take them both off to check thermostat settings.

--
Richard Thoms
Founder - Top Service Pros, Inc.

Posted to alt.home.repair
how how is offline

topservicepros wrote:
Quote: how wrote on Sun, 22 June 2008 00:30
snipped

I guess you may already know this but I think some units have two
thermostats (upper and lower). Not sure about this one but if you see
two access panels take them both off to check thermostat settings.

--
Richard Thoms
Founder - Top Service Pros, Inc.
Connecting Homeowners and Local Service Professionals
http://www.TopServicePros.com

Hi,
Thanks for the heads up on this.
I posted for a friend (usenet phobic) and she says that the unit gets
drained for winter every year. Is it a DIY job to replace both
thermostats (if she can find the parts on Cape Cod, MA) before calling
repair person?
TA -_- how

--
no NEWS is good