DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hydro jet water heater (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/253691-hydro-jet-water-heater.html)

how June 22nd 08 06:30 AM

Hydro jet water heater

Hi,
Hydro Jet water heater, Model MI50S6DS13 Running too hot on lowest
setting. Does this indicate a thermostat problem? Unit is three years old.
Thanks for any help.
--
no NEWS is good

bq340[_2_] June 22nd 08 12:28 PM

Hydro jet water heater

how wrote:
Hi,
Hydro Jet water heater, Model MI50S6DS13 Running too hot on lowest
setting. Does this indicate a thermostat problem? Unit is three years old.
Thanks for any help.

Is this a new problem or has it always been like that?

MikeB

Edwin Pawlowski June 22nd 08 12:31 PM

Hydro jet water heater

"how" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,
Hydro Jet water heater, Model MI50S6DS13 Running too hot on lowest
setting. Does this indicate a thermostat problem? Unit is three years old.
Thanks for any help.
--
no NEWS is good

Could be the stat itself or the sensor is covered with gunk and not getting
a proper reading.

ransley June 22nd 08 03:07 PM

Hydro jet water heater

On Jun 22, 12:30*am, how wrote:
Hi,
Hydro Jet water heater, Model MI50S6DS13 Running too hot on lowest
setting. Does this indicate a thermostat problem? Unit is three years old..
Thanks for any help.
--
no NEWS is good

Once I had that issue and I was lucky the thermostat has a pin
sticking out as a stop, I cut it off and got mine to set lower.

topservicepros June 22nd 08 04:53 PM

Hydro jet water heater

Quote: how wrote on Sun, 22 June 2008 00:30
Hydro Jet water heater, Model MI50S6DS13 Running too hot on lowest
setting. Does this indicate a thermostat problem? Unit is three years old.

I guess you may already know this but I think some units have two thermostats (upper and lower). Not sure about this one but if you see two access panels take them both off to check thermostat settings.

--
Richard Thoms
Founder - Top Service Pros, Inc.

how June 23rd 08 04:39 AM

Hydro jet water heater

topservicepros wrote:
Quote: how wrote on Sun, 22 June 2008 00:30
snipped

I guess you may already know this but I think some units have two
thermostats (upper and lower). Not sure about this one but if you see
two access panels take them both off to check thermostat settings.

--
Richard Thoms
Founder - Top Service Pros, Inc.
Connecting Homeowners and Local Service Professionals
http://www.TopServicePros.com

Hi,
Thanks for the heads up on this.
I posted for a friend (usenet phobic) and she says that the unit gets
drained for winter every year. Is it a DIY job to replace both
thermostats (if she can find the parts on Cape Cod, MA) before calling
repair person?
TA -_- how

--
no NEWS is good