Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What would it take for me to fix this granite?

Hi,

Please take a look at the following picture that shows the side and
the top of a knee wall in my shower. The frameless glass will go on
top and the door will be on the right, closing at the edge that is
shown.

http://freeboundaries.com/Granite.jpg

It seems that the top piece sticks out too much. It needs to be flush
with the bottom piece. What's the best way to fix this? And, if I can
do it myself, what tools would I need?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron
Posted to alt.home.repair

Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

Please take a look at the following picture that shows the side and
the top of a knee wall in my shower. The frameless glass will go on
top and the door will be on the right, closing at the edge that is
shown.

http://freeboundaries.com/Granite.jpg

It seems that the top piece sticks out too much. It needs to be flush
with the bottom piece. What's the best way to fix this? And, if I can
do it myself, what tools would I need?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

You could grind it down and polish it but I doubt you would want to do this.
Granite guys could do this in a flash. Or you could shim the bottom, which
you probably could do. Not sure what material you would use as a shim
though. Maybe some kind of black plastic matching as close as you could get
to the granite.

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 9, 4:41 pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

Please take a look at the following picture that shows the side and
the top of a knee wall in my shower. The frameless glass will go on
top and the door will be on the right, closing at the edge that is
shown.

http://freeboundaries.com/Granite.jpg

It seems that the top piece sticks out too much. It needs to be flush
with the bottom piece. What's the best way to fix this? And, if I can
do it myself, what tools would I need?

Use a small wet circular saw with a diamond blade to cut a number of
closely spaced vertical grooves, then slide the saw horizontally,
slowly, to smooth out the bottom of the cut. Piece of cake.

I like the little Makita for such jobs - light and easy to control -
and without the water supply and a carbide blade it is a super handy
little trim saw. Great for when you're up on a ladder, or just need a
quick fairly precise cut.
http://www.cpomakita.com/saws/circul...roogle4190dw-r

Granite and what you don't know. Robatoy[_2_] Woodworking 25 October 27th 07 07:25 AM
Granite Uses? Nehmo Home Repair 7 August 15th 05 02:13 AM
Granite Uses? Nehmo Home Ownership 7 August 15th 05 02:13 AM
granite [email protected] Home Repair 3 August 8th 05 04:44 PM
Granite Uses? Upscale Woodworking 0 July 27th 05 12:11 AM