Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to put the electrical box.

Hi,

I need to install a ceiling light, right where there is the 1x that
you can see in this pictu

http://freeboundaries.com/Light.jpg

So where can I put the electrical box, or can the connections be made
inside the light (It would be in the space between the drywall and the
fiberglass insulation on the light - doesn't sound compliant, does
it?)?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to install a ceiling light, right where there is the 1x that
you can see in this pictu

http://freeboundaries.com/Light.jpg

So where can I put the electrical box, or can the connections be made
inside the light (It would be in the space between the drywall and the
fiberglass insulation on the light - doesn't sound compliant, does
it?)?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron

If you are only using that existing two conductor cable to feed the light, a
pancake box should suffice and can be mounted on the wood. Bring the cable
into the box from behind using a button Romex connector.

electrical ? gg Home Repair 13 December 7th 06 12:12 PM
Electrical putty vs. silicone for sealing exterior electrical holes? blueman Home Repair 3 April 1st 05 10:06 PM
Electrical - What the F--K? Pop Home Repair 9 December 6th 04 01:17 AM