Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to adjust Ariens LM21S Drive Mechanism?

I'm sure this has been covered. I searched for an online manual but
could only find French, not English.

This is a four old model that up until now has worked well. This year
the drive just doesn't want to propel. I tried adjusting the drive
cable to no avail. The friction wheel and disk seem to be in good
condition.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what I might be able to do to
resolve this? Pushing this around the yard is a back-breaker
(literally).

Thanks all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 12, 11:01*am, (chuck-nfny)
wrote:
chuck-nfny had written this in response tohttp://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/How-to-adjust-Ariens-LM21...
*:

bobmct wrote:
I'm sure this has been covered. I searched for an online manual but
could only find French, not English.
This is a four old model that up until now has worked well. *This year
the drive just doesn't want to propel. *I tried adjusting the drive
cable to no avail. *The friction wheel and disk seem to be in good
condition.

I posted this yesterday, but it never showed-up?!
Even though the friction wheel contacts the drive disk it may be
reduced enough in diameter or lacking friction because of it being
aged and hardened.
Try to check the tension between them. Some drives just have a spring
on the handle or cable...and that gives you the tension.
HTH
bob