Robert11

Default Ariens Snowblowers, Or...?

Hi,

Live in northeast. Driveway just big enough to need a snowblower.

Not quite there yet, but season sneaking up on us, I guess.

Need a new snowblower as my present Ariens one is about 30 yrs old.
Probably one of the most reliable things I've ever bought.

Are Ariens still considered as the "best," or should I take a serious
look at Toro, etc. ? They all look great in the store, and it's really
impossible to evaluate them there.

Anyone have any opinions on ?

Also, if an Ariens, the most suitable, I think, for me would probably be one
of what they
call their "Compact" models (comes in 20 or 24" widths).

Any specific thoughts on these ?

Thanks,
Bob

Ariens still makes good blowers... The engine that they
use are used across the board with other brands too.

What's really considered the "best" out there now are the
Honda's. Strong machines, work real well.

Toro's are good, probably in line with the Ariens units.
Simplicity (not really avail too much out in the northeast)
makes good machines and so does Huskavana (spellings off I think)

What you really need to decide first is if the driveway that you have
need a two stage or single stage unit. The old ariens you have most
likely was a dual stage. Depending on how large and how much snow
you usually get at a sitting really dictates what size and type of
blower you'll
need. The smaller single stage units are good because they are MUCH
lighter BUT they handle snows generally around 6-8" well. If its a
real wet snow that may be a slight problem. (just go slower)

MLD

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hi,

Live in northeast. Driveway just big enough to need a snowblower.

Not quite there yet, but season sneaking up on us, I guess.

Need a new snowblower as my present Ariens one is about 30 yrs old.
Probably one of the most reliable things I've ever bought.

Are Ariens still considered as the "best," or should I take a serious
look at Toro, etc. ? They all look great in the store, and it's really
impossible to evaluate them there.

Anyone have any opinions on ?

Got my Ariens in Dec 1977 and it is still running strong. Maintenence has
been plugs, one belt and throttle cable change. It's dual stage for the
Northeast heavy wet snow drifts. Unless it's known that the Ariens'
reputation has slipped there is no reason to fight success.
MLD
Also, if an Ariens, the most suitable, I think, for me would probably be

one
of what they
call their "Compact" models (comes in 20 or 24" widths).

Any specific thoughts on these ?

Thanks,
Bob

ariens allways had the best gearbox on blowers .

J Kelly

I have an Ariens 724 and love it. Bought it in November 2001. My
brother bought one also at the same time and he loves his too. He
gets more snow where he lives than I do so his is used at least twice
as much as mine. No problems from either of them. If I had to do it
over again I'd buy the same thing in a heartbeat.